Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were to download a song from Napster, it would be.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to download a song from Napster, it would be.....?

I'm looking to expand my musical options and thought I'd start with the place I like coming to alot If you folks don't mind, I'd like to have an idea of what groups you listen to and what kinds of music it is. For Example, I've always liked Reggae, but never really got around to listening to it too much. I'm familiar with very few reggae bands, I only know such groups as Bob Marley(duh!), Black Uruhu, and that's about it!
    The above is an example of why I thought this would be a good place to learn about new kinds of music especially since people are all over the world. Tell me who your favorite bands are and what are good albums and songs. For instance:

Guano Apes is a newer band and one song in particular that is really good is "Open your Eyes'. Check it out!

Dave

[This message has been edited by Helevitia (edited 08 July 2000).]
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Metallica, Dr Dre, Kid Rock. Just because I know it will piss them the **** off.

Comment

try The Covenant or Kovenant (they changed their names once).

I really like their album 'Animatronic'

to get a taste of their style of music, listen to "Jihad" and "New World Order"

Comment

Helevitia, Other classic reggae musicians include Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Rita Marley (The Eye Threes), Sly Dunbar (Sly and Robbie), Bunny Wailer. You should also check out Burning Spear and UB40.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Moloko 'Things To Make And Do'
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

I just d/led DaRude with Sandstorm. Assimilator is still trying to get it down, but he's d/ling the 10Mb version (dumb him ).

Furthermore I got the Eminem vs B. Spears mixes.

And in a while I'll upload my versions of Chris Rea, The Road to Hell part 1 and 2

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

"NAPSTER BAD !"

Comment

Bruce Willis
                Don Johnson

In case it's a harware problem:
                PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
                Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Pink Floyd, Queen, Mike Oldfield, Scorpions, Pet Shop Boys.
                  Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

"IMesh GOOD!" Or was...

Comment

I don't care what Metallica thinks of it but, NAPSTER GOOD

Just got me "You've got a way" (Shania Twain). What can I say, I got a weakness for this song

Comment

Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs,Inner Circle, Morgan Heritage. If you want DanceHall Reggae then Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Sean Paul, Mr. Vegas, Buju Banton, Scare Dem Crew, Madd Anju, Mr Lex aka Lexxus, Lady Saw, Lady G, BabyCham, General Degree just to name a few
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Pat Metheny, Jimi Hendrix, Bonnie Raitt
                          chuck
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

All the KMFDM remixes I don't have yet.
                            PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Pat Metheny, Jimi Hendrix, Bonnie Raitt

There are 3 musicians I never thought I'd hear mentioned in the same breath...

Pat Metheny is good, I can do without the other two.

Some music I've been getting into is called Trip-Hop (who names this stuff?!?). Anyway, my gf and I decided to make a 'groove' (music you can just bob your head to and relax) CD with the likes of the theme from Great Expectations and found out there's a whole industry of music in that same vein.

Groups like Hooverphonic, Morcheeba, Mono have some good stuff. Very different.

(BTW, I know Don Johnson had that crappy Heartbeat song, but what did Bruce Willis do?)

[This message has been edited by ahartman (edited 11 July 2000).]
                              PIII 550@605
                              IWill Motherboard VD133
                              VIA Chipset
                              512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                              G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                              DirectX 8.0a
                              SB Live! Value
                              8x DVD (Toshiba)
                              6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                              Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                              3Com CMX Cable Modem
                              Optiquest V95 19"