Any real (or yet to be doctors), a bit of help if you will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any real (or yet to be doctors), a bit of help if you will

Ok, for like 2 days now, I've had a constant twitch in my eye and it's really startin to piss me off. It stops once in a while for like five minutes, but then it comes back again. It's the lower inner lid (close to my nose part) and it sort of feels like it's crampin up real fast. Any advice for this?

Thanks,

A very irritated Dimitri ...
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I ain't a doctor but believe me wait a bit and will go away.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Staring at a computer monitor for 16 hours straight everyday is not going to help either.

Comment

That's a nervous twitch which comes from worrying that the Federales are going to break down your door and throw you in the slammer for reckless driving.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Must be the late night snake you had last night. As Steve said, better watch it with having snakes out in the open after dusk

You could try to dip your eyes in a bowl of salt water though... with open eyes, yes

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Put a sign on the front of your monitor: "BLINK"

Comment

Don´t worry about that. If it´s only on the lid, I would say too few sleep or too much cafeine/stress.
              Take a nice night sleep and it´ll go away.

Comment

Thanks, I was hopin for a serious answer!!!!

Grrrrrrr

A twitchy Dimitri

***EDIT***
                Thanks Nuno, ya just beat me to postin. I figured it was sleep related, but I've slept quite a bit lately. In fact I woke up at 1PM today for about 7 hours sleep! And pretty much the same yesterday. I'm confused. And I'm not really stressed either. I had my first cup of coffee yesterday in like 3 weeks. Any other ideas?

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 03 July 2000).]
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

It's from a lack of SEX!!!!!.....LOL

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Not had enough sleep lately? Tiredness is the cause of a twitchy eye. I ain't no doctor, but I know that one!

------------------
                    Cheers,
                    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I've had the same problem, it goes away.

Comment

7 hours sleep is a lot? I don't think 10 hours is enough for me!

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I'd vote for stress as well, Muad'Dib... maybe you <u>have</u> been staring at your monitor too long at a shot.

Jord's idea of rinsing your eyes is quite good as well.

You don't have any pain or redness? Then we can rule out a sty(e?) in the lid at least.

It may sound a little silly, but maybe you could spend a couple of bucks and have a facial massage. No, really. I think that you have tension in your facial muscles (been frowning or grimacing a lot lately?) and it's coming out in this little tic.

Or you could have your eyes checked; maybe you need glasses.... or (!!) sunglasses??.. what's your window vs. monitor situation over there?

Just a concept.

--------------------------------
                          Holly

Comment

I had the same thing kind of twitch about a month ago, lasted for 3 or 4 days and then went away. Guess I just sat too much in front of my computer ...
                            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Dimi, just have someone punch you in the face... don't think it'll twitch then! (LOL)
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X