I bet $10 that France will win the Euro2k over Italia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet $10 that France will win the Euro2k over Italia

Because, in my mind, the French are stubborn. Really stubborn, like a pig-headed pigs seeking truffles in Alscace...get out of my way parce que I'm on a mission...oink oink oink

And the Italians, the other animal group in my animal farm metaphor, are chickens. Not cowards at all, but emotional squawking birds running around, occassionally beaking a goal into the oppossing net. Lots of feathers and wings flapping as they dive melodramatically onto the field, claiming to be pushed by a wayward ham.

Am I mad, or will you get mad at me for describing a group of people as farm animals, maybe a little But it easier for me to visualize the final match on Sunday as a field full of pigs and chickens than anything else.

So there you go, Pigs 2 - Chickens 1...Viva La Cochon!

Bongo Nutz :0

[This message has been edited by bongo (edited 30 June 2000).]

I also think France will win the tournament... at least, in my opinion they deserve to win the tournament. Their style of football is much better than the Italian... that is far too defending.... (and I don't like that)

Comment

The annoying thing about Italy is that they can play when they need to but the rest of the time they send the everyone else to sleep.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The only positive thing about those French bastards is that they have Kane (from Command and Conquer) as the goalkeeper.

I know I'll be rooting for Italy. Their match against the Dutch were one of the funniest and most interesting ones.

Comment

Well France sneek it and win with the Golden goal and what a finish.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

4 fatal minutes of overtime (after the second half).
            I keep wondering why 4, I mean, we saw games with far more interruptions that got only around 2 or 3.
            Could you belive it, if there were only 2 minutes of overtime Italy would've won.
            After the french scored I didn't watch it anymore, it was clear they would win.
            This was ither one big framed game or a very unlucky one for Italy.

Comment

Ooh LA LA!
              Stubborn Pigs 2 - Melodramatic Chickens 1

Was that exciting or what!!!!

I had absolutely no doubt France would win, I just thought they wouldn't wait so late, until the last minute

And before everyone starts carping about the xtra 4 minutes, just remember that in Yugosalvia versus Spain...there was 7 minutes overtime (btw, the Yugos were screwed...alas but that is another story)...so 4 minutes is really no big deal.

The Big Deal is that France is the first team in history to win back to back championships....looks like France in the World Cup win was not a fluke.

So there you go, I win the $10 bet...and bragging rights

Just one last observation, don't you think those Italian Fans look kind of stupid wearing those roman helmets and uniforms, after losing a match partly due to overconfidence (and partly due to France's refusal to die)

Viva La Cochon!

adieu

[This message has been edited by bongo (edited 02 July 2000).]

Comment

I wondered where they got the 4 minutes from so did the commentators.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X