It's a sad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sad day

As I feared, the partition that crashed during Partition Magic movements was irrepairable, so I had to delete the partition and reinstall and reformat it again

Goodbye 4.5Gb of data !!

So, I'll be in need of your ICQ numbers and email. You know if you were on my list

In the mean time I'll be installing at least UT back, with all the maps I can lay my hands on, for I would like to be back in the clan game tomorrow (tonight?) !!

That is, if I can get my modem back up & running. Since it's flashed to V.90 it won't work with the 56kflex drivers. No sweat, I d/led the V.90 drivers from work.

Oh, and Hunsow, I have a backup (pheww ), albeit an older one (2 months old).

And I'm installing Holly's PC as well. She was in an extreme hurry to get here, I think, for she forgot her RAM memory and now I have to give her one of my 128Mb sticks
    Life sucks !!

So, you're all updated. Send me authorization requests or ICQ numbers in email. And you'll be notified when I get back online

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Today DOES suck! I got a fu*king speeding ticket tonight! I was driving home in a 15 mph zone going about 80. I honestly don't see where the fu*ker had the right to ticket me! I mean, it's 12:15 in the morning! Who's out at 12:15!?! WTF!?!

God damn bullshit I tell you. It's bullshit!

Dimitri

Nice to see you Jord!
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Jorden:

Sorry to hear of your troubles, we've all had them, I think, and it's a pain in the .... when it happens.

Dimitri:

Well, here in Denmark you would have lost your licence!

Still, getting a ticket sucks.

But hey, today is my last day at work before my holiday
      Unfortunately it's raining, and I'm staying in Denmark

Christian
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Glad to hear you're almost on vacation Christian!

Oh yeah, Jord forgot to say I'm sorry for your troubles...

Dimitri who will not drive in Denmark for fear of losing his liscense....
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Dimitri....

I´m curious... how big a ticket did you get?

actually, at that speed you would have lost your license about 7 times in Denmark.
          70% over the speed limit and they take your license (40% if you´ve got a trailer hitched on your car)
          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Chris B,
            I believe all the tickets are printed on the same size paper
            jim
            PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
            128mb pc-100 cas 2
            Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            and 384k DSL!

Comment

I see threads are still changed from topic, the minute they are put on the MURC fori

But beware, dear MURCers, as we're back !!
              Downloading a lot of unnecessary stuff, maybe, but we're back anyway

Jord&Holly, looking over your shoulders again.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Nice to have you both back, and now that you're together, maybe we'll soon hear about future mini-murcers, hmmm?
                "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Hope you where kidding about the 80mph bit if not you should have been banned. As for whos out at 12.15 in the morning we have five year old kids walking round at 11.30 since the Mummies and Dadies are out boozing or don't care where they are.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If you're both back, why the hell am I still waiting for an authorization from you Holly!?! This is what, almost a month and a half or so I've been waiting? And you even are the one who ICQ'ed me first!

Dimitri

BTW, it was my first ticket ever, so I'm proud....
                    --- Albert Einstein

Comment

I have just assembled her PC, Dimi. But it looks like the mobo is fried, as I don't get power on it.

So wait a bit longer, will ya?

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

nice one Dimi, i got something that may piss you off, although, not as much as that speeding ticket...speaking of which, where the hell were you trying to get at an instantaneous speed ...Im already on Jord's ICQ list

Frankfurt
                        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                        WinXP Professional SP1
                        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                        3COM 905C

Comment

Guess the maps give you a barganing chip and higher priorety.

Mark F.
                          Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                          and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
                          X