Most stupid player of euro 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most stupid player of euro 2000

On lighter note we ought vote for the most stupid player i.e gives a penalty away or gets sent of when his team needs him most.

Phil Neville, 89th penalty
    Haji, team 2 nil down last match for Country.
    That Yugo player can't remember his name for pushing that Slavia player down striaght in front of the ref. (if I spelt the country wrong I'm sorry).
    Xavier (Corrected Spelling ) penalty in sudden death.

[This message has been edited by The PIT (edited 29 June 2000).]
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

If you are referring to the portuguese player whose hands were hit by a football, it´s ABEL XAVIER. It was just bad luck. We could have won, I couldn´t believe the (sideline?) referee´s decision - I would pay to see the inversed situation...

Comment

How about Portugals Nuno Gomes. He is probably the only player I´ve ever seen, who managed to get a red card... AFTER the game was over.

Well maybe that says more about the ref. than about Gomes, but still it was a pretty funny episode. To bad the game had to end that way though!

------------------
      Are you tired of apples, pears and peaches ?
      Then try banana.... banana has an easy to clean yellow surface, that is easy to remove!
      If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

funny that nobody mentioned Grand Pa 'Lothar' yet ...

39 years of age and 150 games for our national soccer team ... can you believe that ???
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi, Lothar's the best. He would have taught his younger partners a great deal if they were a bit smarter... (IMHO)

------------------
          Merely this, and nothing more
          Computer Revolution makes it possible to substitute educated slaves for ignorant ones. (V.I.Arnold)

Comment

THE PIT:

The bad luck was the team being Portugal, which is a small country. The inverse would never happen. France played enough football to win, but not like this.

We were disturbing a lot of people, we eliminated England(3-2), Romania (1-0), Turkey (2-0), and Germany (3-0). We almost eliminated France. A small country will never win a continental cup, let aside a world cup.

And more, a sideline referee, confronted with with such a quick play could never think as fast as to decide that it was a ball on the hand or a hand on the ball. Don´t throw that one on me, he is not Superman.

I´m not defending the theory of conspiracy, but France could have won in a more convincing way. We almost killed the game a few minutes earlier.

Want more? France´s goal was in offside (I think, the cameras NEVER showed the situation in detail), the sideline referee ignored a couple of offsides that were very dangerous to the Portugal goal. João Pinto was ridiculously booked.

FC Porto´s games against Bayern Munchen in the Champions League (a few months ago) were another example of the fact that the biggest teams in Europe being protected by the referees. FC Porto was superior, but were playing against 12 players. It´s useless.

Comment

RusCoder, he might have been good as a trainer, but not as an active player ...

Don't get me wrong, considering his age he is probably the best player in the world, but he ain't too fresh anymore.

Alec, true point about that Munich match ... I hate 'em for those kind of 'incidents' !
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I didn't see the Bayern Munich game but we say much the same about Man utd in this country. But your theory that the penalty was given because it was Portugal I don't go for. If the hand wasn't going towards the ball I would have some sympathy. I can't remember the offside but if a mate of my has it recorded I'll ask him to look while he's watching it.
                Anyway this was supposed to be a fun thread so we've got
                Haji
                Neville
                Xavier
                Nuno Gnomes
                I'm going to add Figo for walking off he would have looked daft if France had missed.

Perhaps we ought to add the best dives? I've seen a few today. Was the Italian daft by the ?
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I fail to see the fun in this

Xavier was so unlucky

Kluivert was also (hiting the pall from a penlty shot)

de Boer's two penalty shots (second half and final) were defended

That massive defender in Turkey's team (can't remember the name) that left his team in 10 players against Portugal, because he got mad and hit another player (when they were down)

Raul's penalty shot that went over the net

It isn't nice to make fun of their bad luck

And btw, it's Hagi (the "gi" is pronounced like "g" in English)

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 29 June 2000).]

Comment

Bad luck? When your hands move to the ball no sorry I've seen the shot from various angles and the hand moved to the ball. He could have stuck his foot out, stepped to one side. The bad luck was HE WAS SEEN!!!! by the officals (unlike Maradona in 1986).
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The PIT, there´s something that is quite real and that that you seem to disbelieve, that is the Game outside the stadiums.
                      There´s all kind of pressures that involve players, their agents, referees, FIFA and UEFA people, managers, etc. Unfortunately, it is quite real. Politics and football are all mixed together (and everybody knows it), a fact that shouldn´t happen.

Because of the organization by Portugal of the Euro 2004, for example, in which GERMANY voted against us, there has been a considerable amount of UEFA facts that have nothing to do with football.

Nice ending:

***The purest soccer is played on the streets*** (and the purest cocaine is found there too).....which leads us to..... ***DRINK COKE***.
                      Sorry, I deviated from the subject.

Comment

Theres a lot of crap coming out of uefa. How about the slagging of Kevin Keegan by there press and contridictory comments about fans behavour which didn't add up. I suppose I could say we lost to you lot because uefa didn't want are fans around while in fact we played shit.
                        A lot of poeple wanted Portugal to be in the final something uefa would have known. Portugal V Holland would have been the poeples next prefered final if we couldn't have Holland V France. Now we got France V Italy and the Ref could have easily sent a few more italians for diving if uefa definatley wanted a France V Holland final.
                        Accept it your defender made an error and was spotted. The linesman could have been three feet back up the pitch and missed it. The fact that referee asked twice if he was definatly sure where if there was a conspiracy he'd wouldn't checked so hard.
                        I could say it about the Hand of God and that we cheated by the authorties. No there was no fiddle on the pitch just a poor decision by the defender.
                        Anyway thats my last comment now France for the title.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Look when you're an England supporter you need a sense of humour we're crap at everything.
                          Lighten up Yes it's feels crap when you lose but losing is a fact of life.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X