What level of UT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What level of UT...

What level of UT deathmatch do I have to be competitive at to realistically be competitive on-line at? I don't mean kick everyone's butt, but just to be able to obtain a few entertaining kills and not be totally juiced on sight by everyone. I would like to join the MURC site, but I am intimidated. I have never played online yet.

well, its not really a matter of how good you are, essentially if you have fun playing online, it doesnt matter if you have -10 kills or what...heck, i rarely get more than 5 kills in the MGI Deathmatch (we are now playing CTF there so the pointage values arent very accurate). I imagine a good bot difficulty level would be either adept or experienced (might be one higher than this, but im not sure)

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

Of course, I haven't played ctf either.

Comment

Frankfurt's right, Brian. Feel free to join in. We all have a blast, regardless of playing level. As an added bonus, as you play, you get better!

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Where, when, and how? I'm lost as far as internet gaming goes. I could probably get it 90% right, but the 10% I'd be lacking would shoot the bird. Are the instructions with the game adequate? I bet I'd need an address to log into.

Comment

The ip address is 204.50.135.80 password is murc.
            Hope to see you there!
            I Guarantee you'll have a blast!!!

Oboy
            Time to make the wafers!
            Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
            jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Don't worry about getting lost on all the maps, we've all been there

Just don't run in a straight line out in the open areas. There is a sneaky little sniper cow named Annihilator[MTS] that will get you if your not playing on his team.

Sorry Haig.....LOL

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Sounds good. When will the server open and when is the official start of the game?

Comment

well the mgi server is open almost always, but normally peaople only play from 8:00 PM EST through to 11:00 or 11:30PM EST

and ive heard that some people play early in the morning (est time)
                  i think like between 7:00am and 8:00 am EST

Frankfurt
                  Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                  WinXP Professional SP1
                  Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                  3COM 905C

Comment

When will the game start? What day and time?

Comment

The server runs 24 hrs/day. even if there are no players on it is set to where the 'Bots' join the game to even the sides up. Most of the action is around 7:00pm to 10:00pm Mountain time for me most weekdays.

Just log on doesn't matter if it's the middle of a game or what. We have two teams red or blue, so log on as one or the other.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 27 June 2000).]
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I don't think that skill has that much to do with being good at online gaming. It mainly has to do with ping time. If you're on a fast connection it gives you a huge advantage over modem people.

Comment

Hey Brian R., take it from me, you DON'T have to be good to play on the MGI server.... All you need to do is dl the maps from the server (or anywhere for that matter) and join us and have FUN! Hopefully I'll see you there if I can manage to dl all the maps myself.....
                          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Where are the maps? Anyone give me a link?

Comment

- 4.20 patch
                              - CTF-Asteroid
                              - CTF-Aztec
                              - CTF-Conquest
                              - CTF-Deck16-3
                              - CTF-Event Horizon
                              - CTF-Gateways
                              - CTF-HallOfGiants
                              - CTF-Horus
                              - CTF-Riot
                              - CTF-Diamond Sword

You can find them here
                              http://planetunreal.com/nalicity/

Look on the right side of the page and click on -Capture the Flag- maps. It will give you the entire listing.

And don't worry I have a crappy ping and do just fine despite my advanced age...LOL

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 28 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X