HOLY SHIT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY SHIT!!!

I leave for a few days and EVERYTHING's changed!?! If I read things correctly (which I'm not sure I do as I have a 104 temperature now... ), am I correct to understand Holly is now in the Netherlands with Jord!?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (I would make that big and bold and red or blue, but we all know my skills at that stuff, so it's the thought that counts...

There is new news on the front page, Ace did a lot of upgrades, I fixed my free 21 inch monitor, got pretty sick....

Have I left anything out? Lemme guess, Matrox released new drivers? Nah.....

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

so, whats the deal dimitri, how you visiting all your friends on the MURC, is it CABLE/DSL or only a modem...if its a modem, i feel for ya man (especially coming off of a T1!)

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

Lousy time to be sick Muad'Dib. I hear you guys are on Stage II Alert for power due to the heat. They're asking the whole state to cut back on power use. You might be hosing yourself down tomorrow ... stay cool.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hey xortam, you're kidding, right!?! I haven't heard anything about that.... Then again, I'm not the kind of guy who keeps up on much local news.... It's all good though cause I have a radiator in my garage that needs a bit of fixing on the fins and some stupid things like that.

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Geez, another religious thread.

Comment

Muad'dib - where are you? I wanna be on Stage II alert! Whatever that is. We had some good storms here but that's over now.

heh, Now you know how I feel when work takes me away for <x> months or <x> weeks at a time... I come back and people are married, dead, converted to Scientology...

heh. Maybe this -is- a religious thread?

------------------
            Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
            SYSTEM1
            Asus K7V 1005.A - K7 - 900 MHZ - GeForce 2 GTS 64mb
            512 MB PC133 - 60 GB UDMA66 7200 RPM

SYSTEM2
            Asus P3BF 1003.A - P3-500 - G400Max
            256MB 6NS - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

Hello... my name is ami. and this is my signature.

Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
            Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
            1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
            200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
            Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
            768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

No Muad'Dib, I wasn't kidding. That's what the KPIX (SF CBS) website posted last night but it looks like they were FOS. Weather Channel shows you've got mild temperatures. "Never mind".
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well, the temperature feels pretty damn hot to me anyway (must be the fever).

I'm in Los Angeles Cali Ami. And you don't want to be here cause apperantly we're not in Stage 2 alert anymore....

Dimitri
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Stage I as of 10h00 PST. FYI ...
                  Bay area residents from Alameda to Santa Clara are being asked to voluntarily cut back on power use until 10 p.m. today as regulators cope with a higher than normal demand for electricity. Although temperatures around the Bay area are moderate, hot weather thoughout the rest of California and the region are causing increased demand, which puts pressure on the state's electricity operating reserves.

California's Independent System Operator, which is responsible for administering the state's electricity, announced a Stage One Emergency at 10 a.m. today due to projected low reserves and is expected to announce by noon a Stage Two Emergency, when operating reserves drop below 5 percent.

Stage One involves a voluntarily reduction in power consumption, while Stage Two leads to more stringent measures such as the curtailment of certain customers' air conditioning and agriculture water pumps as happened in Southern California yesterday. If reserves fall below 1.5 percent, then a Stage Three Emergency will be declared. At this point, the operator will initiate rolling blackouts.

This is the second day consumers have been asked to voluntarily conserve power due to a major heat wave in the West. Power utilities suggest several ways consumers can help conserve energy: raise air conditioner settings to 80 or 85 degrees; turn off lights and computer monitors when not in use; discontinue use of nonessential appliances; and minimize the use of clothes dryers, dishwashers, washing machines and electric ovens.

kar1144a6/27/00

Dateline: Tue Jun 27 11:44:09 PDT 2000

Comment

Phew, been able to keep my MURC monitoring station powered up all day so far. I hate it when they suddenly pull the plug on you.

Comment

Working...
                    X