• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Napster vs. Metallica issue

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterbad/

ROFLMAO
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

FIRE BAD!
    FIRE BAD!

ROFLH

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

OH! MY GOD!

that was so funnie i almost choked! are you trying to kill people. should put a disclamer on that link if you croke from a heart attack your not responsable or something!

(good job)

noel
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Resisting persecution.....GOOD!!! Errr, I mean.....BAD!!!!

Aw hell, I don't know what I mean, my brains are scrambled from laughing!!!

Good work, CHHAS!!!

------------------
        Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 12 June 2000).]

Comment

Darn CHHAS... Toons are... GOOD!!!

Comment

LOL

Comment

That was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn funny!!!!!!! Thanks! Haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

Comment

NAPSTER NAPSTER, whatchya gonna do? watcha gonna do when they come for you, napster, napster!

That was excellent! Napster Good! Metallica Bad!

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Good stuff!! I hadn't seen the first one (METALLICA: "NAPSTER - BAD!") yet.

Does anyone have the link to the 'talking heads Metallica' - "when are fans spend $50 to see our show thats good, when they spend $25 on our t-shirts that's good, when they buy our CDs for $20 thats good; but when they try to listen to our music for free well that's just going to far" or some such?
                  I didn't bookmark it and now want to showit to someone but can't find it

Mark F.

------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                  and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                  and burped out a movie

Comment

i just saw another one...who wants to be metallica (spoof of who wants to be a millionaire) need 56k to view this one:http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/na...naire_56k.html

its hillarious, in my opinion

Frankfurt

motub: just edited to add the UBB code to turn that URL into a link. No other changes made.

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 24 June 2000).]
                    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                    WinXP Professional SP1
                    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                    3COM 905C

Comment

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/mo...otley_56k.html

The ending is great.

Comment

Well, she says she hasn't formed an opinion on Napster, but Courtney Love would rather have her fans steal her music than the record execs. Good point. The real greedy ones (and thieves) are probably being overlooked here..
                        http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/20...CP=SAL&DN=110.

Comment

after reading that i have to agree with her, Courtney Love that is. isaw the behind the music show about tlc and quite a few other artists who are being f#$ked over by the record companys.....they are the real enemys of music (the recording companys who pull crap like that.) not napster
                          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I think it's a bunch of pointless posturing and arm waving, there is no way to stop someone from writing a napster like program, there are several out there already. I doubt anybody will ever make money for long out of internet distribution of MP3s. About the only short term solution I can think of is to encrypt audio CDs or switch to a different content format, perhaps AC3. Even then, it's only a matter of time before that's worked around.

Comment

Working...
                            X