Windows Millennium Edition sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Millennium Edition sucks!

Installed WinMe last night, installed G400 drivers 6.0 beta, all fine. Then I installed LiveWare 3.0 for my SB Live! Platinum sound card, and it HOSED my system. Only thing I could do is go into safe mode, and prepare to delete the OS and go FULL THROTTLE onto Windows 2000 Professional.

Now here I am a day later with Win2k as THE ONLY OS on my machine. The only complaint I have now is the sucky liveware drivers (No lw3 for win2k yet), and no QuickCam drivers for win2k (5.2 drivers dont work on win2k i dont think.. dont wanna try and screw up my system).

Anyways, thats that. How is your experience with WinMe **FINAL** (RTM) so far?

[and yes I know plenty of you people went on IRC and downloaded it within the past few days..]

• Box 2:
    • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
    • memory: 32 MB
    • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

Why are you always so harsh with your conclusions?

Just because LiveWare doesn't work, WinME sucks?? Get real. But what to expect from someone who has to format his drive to get rid of some malfunctioning drivers... tsss.

I've heard WinME runs fine.

Comment

As all OT rants, and non-Matrox related thread (I don't think Matrox wrote WinME), this thread has been x-ferred to The Soap Box forum....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

btw.. you dont have the final thats prolly why it sucks..and dont start tellin me that you got the final cause you dont

Comment

Maybe it's time for Mr Charm etc. to do this for once:

Don't worry, I have the moderator sitting next to me reading a book

Jord.
          When I chose to go out
          I always leave the light on
          when I have to stay in,
          you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
          now that I'm living on my own,
          and while they've never been more right,
          can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Oh, come on Mr. Cold, stop acting like a jackass.

First of all, don't you know not to go around blathering about your warez on a legit site? Wtf are you thinking??? You can't expect us to have a lengthy discussion about what must be illegally obtained software (or why would you be whining about it here, and not to MS)?

Second, don't you know better than to believe everything you read on a warez site? I myself have... errr, *cough*heard lots of stories*cough* of apps and games listed as finals that were in fact betas, not to mention the "shareware+crack" type of "full version" often offered (as opposed to a retail version d/l). Given that I've *ahem*heard*ahem* of sites linking to versions that don't even exist yet, in order to increase their hits, the concept of billing a previous build as the RTM version is by no means far-fetched, since everyone knows that the RTM exists.

Third, if you have, by some miracle of fate, managed to d/l the so-called "Final"/RTM build, how can you be surprised it doesn't work with current drivers? The various manufacturers have some weeks yet before they need to have final drivers; naturally, current drivers for Win98 are broken with respect to WinME.

Lastly, if you're such an ass as to install an unreleased OS <u>over</u> a legit OS, instead of using a boot manager, and multiple hard drives, imo you deserve what you get.

Fortunately for you, due to my recent move I'm in a good mood, therefore at the moment I find your extreme stupidity amusing, and that's why I'm not taking stronger measures at this moment.

But don't count on my continued forebearance.

-------------------------
            Holly, TBoY
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Hey hey hey, now let's give the man a chance to explain himself. He didn't say *his* copy of Win98ME was warez. Maybe he works for Microsoft (as a janitor?) bwahahhaa!

But seriously, try this. You gotta disable the legacy support in the Device manager otherwise it will fubar you. At least that fixed it for me. It's been running fine for me, no problems at all.

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 24 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X