What's with this weather??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with this weather??

A couple of days ago it was a bearable 15 to 24 degrees Celsius (59F to 75.2F), yesterday was a bearable day with a max of 26C (78.8F).

Today is a day with a high of 34C (93.2F) and tomorrow they expect at least another 32C (89.6F).

Now maybe some of you Americans say you have this heat every day, but what's your humidity? And every day the same heat is better for the body than this skyrocketing heat and then crashing heat again... at the end of the week it'll be a good 17C (62.6F) again.

No wonder we get sick

Holly, be glad you're not here yet. Maybe you'll be able to come in the rain-season

One piece of molten Jord.

------------------
    "What goes up, must come down..."
    "What goes in, must come out..."
    Jordâ„¢

The official Oklahoma Motto....
    "If you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes!"
    http://www.kfor.com/weather/index.asp

chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, here in Philadelphia we've had a pretty mild summer so far. Of course, it isn't August yet, so I'm not holding my breath. We've been bounceing back and forth between unbearably hot, and unusually cold and rainy(like it is as I write this).

To define unbearably hot though, we've been getting from 80F - 95F with about 70-90% humidity.
      And yes, we do in fact get that just about every day(except when we have freak weather patterns like we have had so far this summer).

So there Jord, Nya, nya, nya! :P

I solve the problem by hiding in my room with the AC on and only coming out to eat and use the facilities.

Ian

[This message has been edited by HedsSpaz (edited 19 June 2000).]
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Ah, what I would give for AC in my bedroom, instead of those 4 anchors that keep me from drifting out of bed

Got my ceiling fan and table fan working overtime, but can't seem to get it any fresher than 26C in the flat.

Oh well, we'll live, won't we?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 19 June 2000).]
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Isn't August yet? It isn't even summer yet!

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

You're right Jorden, the weather is behaving very odd these days...

The sun really makes you boil like a patato; luckily we (me and the other people living in the campus house (or whatever it is called) made a sunscreen a couple of months ago that came in very handy with this weather. Without it, the temperature in our living room would easily reach 40 degrees, since the sun shines into it from 1pm to 8pm. Now it is just bearable in the living room.

The weather is great however to get a suntan and to play football or badminton from 9pm to 11pm :-)

And it is nice to cycle to town and have a real cold Grolsch on a café-terras

Comment

Talk about weird weather try Michigan.

We had 70F in December and 36F in May. Talk about a case of thermal whiplash....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

It's been a constant 95-98 degF down here for the last month or so. It's actually been getting cloudy the past few afternoons but most of the rain evaporates before it hits the ground.
                The latest joke down here is ...we got 5-7 inches of rain.

That's 5-7 inches between rain drops for about 5 minutes...LOL

Meanwhile we still have many fires burning in New Mexico and in Colorado. Next Saturday I am going up to the Pecos Mountains to help re-seed burned areas.

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Having very mild weather in Texas for this time of year. way to much rain (my foot sinks in the grass when I step in my back yard). I guess it is making up for the past few years. Most of our temps have been between 85-95F, it is usually 95-100. Have to have A/C in Texas to suvive at times But I remember growing up in Iowa with no A/c and suffering through the hot weather.

Jorden just don't play much UT. Especially if snake-eyes or Manifest are playing. They may make you a little hotter.

Hope to see you playing soon.

Comment

The weather has been very bizarre here in south Louisiana. We've been under a severe drought all year but this past week it's rained nearly everyday.

Jord: The temp is usually 95F everyday with humidity 85% or higher.

Comment

Today is a real scorcher here in Copenhagen, Denmark!

It about 33C and high humidity, I'm melting away in my flat (I'm home sick from work, poor me), with all the doors and windows wide open with fans in front.

Just getting some cool soda from the fridge is enough to make one sweat like a pig

Hope it gets cooler soon
                      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Just had two hot days in the UK and now it's over. Normally when I'm on holiday it rains everyday and then gets bloody hot when I got back to work. Tempature in the room has now dropped 10 degrees from 86 to 76.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

ThePIT - Where in the UK are you? Here in Bristol we had three nice days (!)

Small bit of advice - when it's hot and you're going to a fancy dress party - wear something cool, not a boiler suit!

Uberlad

------------------
                          -------------------------
                          8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
                          5 out of ten referred to me by name.
                          -------------------------
                          8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
                          5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

In the Kansas City area, the weather during a typical July/August is:

TEMP: 90-100+ F (~32-38 C)

Humidity: 70-95% +

The worst weather I've been in here is 105 F (40.5 C) with 99% humidity (as in the most humid it can be without raining). That day sucked! You would start sweating before you even got to your car in the driveway. Thank god for AC!

Today, however, it is 69 F and raining cats and dogs.

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Ick, the weathers already taking a turn for the worse again. Current temp is 66F, 77% humidity, expected high today... 84F/29C. Undoubtedly it will be higher than that, as well as a much higher humidity percentage. It rained most of Sunday and through Monday night. It wasn't hot yesterday and nothing has evaporated yet.

On the upside, there are definate advantages to working in a nice air-conditioned office building.

Ian
                              Primary System:
                              MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                              120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                              Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                              Seccondary System:
                              Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                              3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                              Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                              Tertiary system
                              Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                              Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
                              X