It's Too Hot ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Too Hot ...

I think it reached 100 F today (about 38 C), which is a little warm for San Francisco. It's cooler in LA!

Where's the fog when you need it.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Outside GG bridge?

Besides, didn't you have some new cards to test with very big coolers?? Can't you just test the coolers pried off of those cards?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I just got a new Globalwin CPU cooler delivered today.

I have more fans in this house right now (seven computers, all with mulitple fans), and not one of them is doing me a bit of good. If I could only fit into one of my cases...

Actually, I turned all but one machine off this afternoon. This can't be good for them. Unfortunately, SETI will have to wait.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I hear ya Paul....
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I lost my remote and couldn't get up the motivation to look for it or change the channel manually. I've been watching stuff I wouldn't normally.

So, do you think the Bride of Chucky is truely evil, or is she just misunderstood?

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hey paulcs, it feels like its still not down to 100 down here (South Bay). It was 85 when I went out on the patio at 08h30 this morning! Hottest day I can remember. I shut down my PC mid-day because I couldn't stand the heat ... PC was still handling it fine but I couldn't. Then they shut off the power for an hour in the afternoon for a rotating outage. Its 22h00 at night and the PC and the whole house fan are the only appliances running, including the lights (I know, I'm always in the dark ). Time to take a cold shower and sit out on the back patio hoping to stop sweating. Its supposed to get back down in the 80s by Sunday (wonder if I'll live that long?).
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

yeah, here in the east bay it's pretty hot as well. Livermore got up to 110 today. OUCH! Hey paul, you wouldn't by any chanve happen to listen to KSJO this morning did ya? They put Sully in a car and with the windows up and fried an egg on the dash. They left a thermometor and it read 170 after 2 hours. Sully was starting to get delerious(sp?) and Lomont got a little worried so he actually started getting serious on the radio. "Hey, hurry and get sully out" he said. They couldn't have paid me enough to do that.

DAve
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I didn't listen to the radio at all today. But at 3:00 PM, I was forced to put on a suit and tie and make a mad dash to the CPUC. On MUNI! No A/C! Got stuck in the tunnel at around five. It was just a sauna on wheels.

I hear it was the hottest day ever in San Jose and it was worse in the East Bay. Here in San Francisco, we tied for the hottest day ever recorded at 103 F. 109-110 F is just too high.

Back East, they say stuff like, "yeah, but it's a dry heat." You get dry heat in an oven too. When you start flirting with 110 F, it's just too hot.

It's fascinating. Apparently, the Bay Area used so much power today, it threatened to knock out the whole grid for California. PG&E said they were ordered to conduct the revolving outages.

It's nice to know we have so much power.

The next time we hear a report about how high our gasoline prices are compared to the south, we should turn on all our lights, air conditioners, computers, etc. at once and knock out the whole state. Then in late August, we should all flush our toilets at once. That'll show them who's boss!

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 15 June 2000).]

Comment

18 C (to lazy to figure out in F) over here in The Netherlands. They say it will go up to 28 C on sunday, and thats HOT for this country. All traffic will F*Ck up, nobody knows how to drive anymore and we all walk bare naked through the house. FUN!

[This message has been edited by FaRaN (edited 15 June 2000).]
                  In case it's a harware problem:
                  PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
                  Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

38 Celsius here in Braga, Portugal! It´s scary!

At least I have air conditioning at work - the first reason that makes me want to go to work!

I don´t even turn my computer on at home!
                    I hope this goes away soon.

Comment

Man the dry heat really does make a difference. I've been in Arizona when it's 100+F and it feels like a nice day compared to the crap here in Louisiana when the humidity is 90%.

Comment

For those interested, 39C in Viseu
                        (Beated you Alex )

Comment

Working...
                        X