I'm f'ing outraged!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm f'ing outraged!!!!!

Well Gurm, answering to your question is impossible, no one knows how he might react to this question.

Let me give you another.
    What would you do if your state puts somebody you love (same people than you mentioned) and put it to death in the same cold way?
    What would you do if you knew he/she was innocent but you couldn't prove it?

Would you still agree with such actions?

And in fact I gonna voice my opinion and NOT step aside, because where I live I'm in the majority. ;-)

Oh yes, I was going to forgot. Would you still be able to live with your statistical calculs if the 1 in X was just your wife/daughter/son?

And now Holly, you say we have to try something new! Well, fine with me. But death penalty IS NOT something new, it's even the oldest system on earth! The new system is not working well that's a fact! But it's new, needs new drivers and some tweaking.
    I don't see how the society could justify to kill some people when the society itself is blamable for it.
    And we have two examples: On my right US (well some parts of it), on my left Europe.
    US does have death penalty and Europe doesn't (well some have but they are not used: anybody tell me if I'm wrong). Look at the criminal statistics. Europe wins easily.
    I know that's not a good comparison, so many things differ! What would be interesting would be the comparison between two comparable american states, one with and one without death penalties, could anybody provide that?

Last rant for me this morning, going to cool off in math class.

Vlip

P.S: I'm not sure what you mean by "bleeding heart liberal" but my friends consider sometimes like the opposite of what you think you mean by that. So strange cultural difference, don't you think?
    (inbetween if you could explain a little bit more what you mean with that, I'd be interested)

The dates are screwed again....

Good post VLIP. I was writing a similar response when I noticed the dates in the forum aren't working right again. I refreshed the thread and noticed your post. I totally agree with what you wrote.

Gurm,

I dislike your use of capitalized words to try and validate your arguments. Please back your points up with facts in stead.

because the MAJORITY of people in the country want it
    What majority? Which country?

And you know where you can put your boomstick? You been using that, in my oppinion clearly offensive, signature as long as I can remember reading your posts on this board. Over a year I think.

Why haven't the admins banned or at least warned you about this yet?

Motub, Ant?

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 19 January 1997).]

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 19 January 1997).]
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Great! Timetravel. Always wanted to do that.

------------------
      A slowly desintegrating nobody running this...

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
      My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
      |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

I'm f'ing outraged!!!!!

I've just lost all faith in the danish system of justice (or rather what was left of it, my faith that is).

Today saw the ruling in a case of 7 young boys aged 16-18 who gang raped a 14 year old girl in a shed.

The boys recieved sentences of between 6 and 9 months!!

What the f**k ?!?

Appearently the boys young ages and the fact that they did not know that the girl was below 15 (the age of consent in Denmark) were the main factors in the mild sentencing.

I can't believe that you can do this and walk away after the trial due to the fact that the boys has been incarcerated (sp?) during the process, thereby already serving their sentence.

Not only can convicted murderers, who've never shown remorse and repeatedly claimed willingness to murder again if "the situation warrented it", get to go on holiday with their families, now rape is appearently not considered that big of a deal.

I'm so sorry for that poor girl and her family, they can meet those boys on the street tomorrow.

If that was my daughter, I'd surely kill them and serve the time (which should be around a year, by the standards set in this trial).

This sucks!!

Just needed to vent some anger.

Christian
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

That really sucks the big one. Ang this after I just read in our afternoon paper that a woman was gang-raped at gunpoint by 6 men who took her from her husband.

The fact that the boys did not know her age should not figure into the sentence, chances are they never asked anyway. Those sentences seem rather light though.
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

If I had my way about it those boys would be squating to piss the rest of their lives.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 28 May 2000).]
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Bet you anything if you saw that happening and blew them away you'd get life.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Saw on the news tonight how some 13yo kid walked into a classroom and blew his teacher away because the teacher had expelled him for throwing water balloons in class. Some yada yada shrink was inteviewed saying he shouldn't be tried as an adult since "oh, he's not fully developed yet.. he can change..blah blah blah" WHATEVER!

This is a no brainer folks. You get these people out of society quickly and for good, with minimal expense to the taxpayers who are trying to make an honest go of life. You kill, you die. If life is that cheap to you, you don't deserve to keep yours anymore. Whether you are 60, 13, or even 6.

Comment

Tragic,
                  last friday two little girls(8 and 10 years old) were killed here in Norway. They had been tied up and raped beforehand. SHIT! That makes me soooo mad!!! What I would want to do to that sick fu*ker who did this! It's a shame there's no capital punishment in Norway.

Jan

Comment

You get these people out of society quickly and for good, with minimal expense to the taxpayers who are trying to make an honest go of life. You kill, you die.
                    AMEN!!!

Here's my philosophy:

Take all the criminals (I don't mean the "Jean Val Jean" (sp???) criminals....) and put them in a huge square pit. In each corner of the pit put a guard tower with a few guards with some AK's. Give all the criminals a knife and say, "Last man standing walks...." You let the kill each other and then you snipe the last mother fuc*er standing! Removes them from society fast! and also saves us tax payers money. Hey, we can even make it a international policy and then it would only be like 1 penny per person to build the damn pit (or better yet, have the criminals themselves dig it... ). Ship the all the worldwide crminals there are repeat the process.

There's some fuc*ed up sh*t in the world nowadays and I'm afraid what it's gonna be like for MY kids when I have them.

Dimitri
                    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Good idea, and then we can sell tickets to spectators. There's the fix for social security and everything else. The problem with it is we'd be heading the way of the Roman Empire...

I just turned 21 a few days ago, now I need a handgun. If everyone was armed this stuff wouldn't happen.

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 29 May 2000).]

Comment

Apparently Liverpool is gun-shot wound capital of the UK (yes including N.ireland) for that reaseon Crompton.

I dont think that more guns are the answer.
                        I do think that kids are briught up according to their parents. If the kids cant be tried, then someone else should.

Dimitri, ever see that flim with Arnie in it?
                        cant remember whats it's called, but it is along those lines. (has a blok called sub zero in it (no its not Mortal Kombat!)

Kind of makes you not to want to bing up kids in this world...

----
                        go to go Sociology exam tommorow! (help)
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Compton.... I have to agree with Paddy. More guns are definately not the answer (to anything). Without looking at you stats I bet that you live in the states.

To me it just seems so American to think that as long as you carry a handgun you´re covered. Well you´re not... in fact I think that the second you get a gun you double the risc of getting shot (violence breeds violence you know).

I think this attitude is also one reason why your country is going to hell in a handbasket. You live in a country where tv shows about car chases ending with people crashing and dieing, are considered entertainment, and (as far as I understand) you have the easiest accesss to handguns possible. And still you can´t figure out why highschool kids kill their teachers and then themselves.

I have just one word for USA.... GUNCONTROL (get it through your thick skulls allready)

Well just had to say it, sorry if i´ve offended anybody, but it´s just how I feel. SO if anybody (e.g. the americans) disagree feel free to flame me
                          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Compton:
                            Do you REALLY believe that? LOL

if everyone was armed, shootings would increase at least tenfold. In the long run, everyone would be frightened of each other, and you would no longer live in a normal civilisation, in which you can freely discuss and criticise without being shot.

The stupidest argument I've heard of an American proclaiming the use of guns:
                            "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". WHAHAHAHA

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 29 May 2000).]

Comment

Guns are NOT the answer to this problem.
                              I never ever heard that any swiss army assault rifle helped any good guy to save his life. There is one in almost any house but they are never used in such case. So don't tell me giving a rifle to everybody will save lives!!! That's not true, and my country is the living proof about that.
                              In one sentence: in Switzerland almost every man above 19 has an assault rifle but this kind of dramas still happen! So stop freaking out.
                              And death punishment is an evident sign of decadence for me. The only thought of killing somebody who is actually innocent is enough for me to ban this stupid idea.
                              And don't jerk around saying your f*** american justice is error proof. For most of us european, your justice is a mere joke!

Vlip

P.S: don't ask me why we Swiss people don't have all this shit with misused guns like americans. There are some evident reasons that might get me flamed and I don't want that.

Comment

Working...
                              X