Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am tired of waiting around for drivers :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am tired of waiting around for drivers :)

Good thing I have a place to rant. didnt know about this forum until I read the survival guide..

• Box 2:
    • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
    • memory: 32 MB
    • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

Glad you could have a peek at it and turn what was a bad thing into a good thing Yeah, they lag on drivers sometimes but other times they are fairly consistent. Be patient my friend.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I get the feeling the delays are caused by the desire to once and for all cure VIA compatibility issues or maybe they're ensuring G450 support.

I'm just guessing. I hope it's the first.

Welcome to the Soap Box!

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Sometimes there are no driver updates for weeks or months. Other times, we see 4 drivers in 2 weeks.

But they never hit the weeks/months dead-zone without at least having stability on the drivers.

I prefer this to nVidia's tactic of releasing a driver every 3rd day which is horribly broken in some new way, fixes most of last week's bugs, but crashes the computer 50% of the time anyway.

That's no good. Heh.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Mr. Cold, I sugest you buy the latest S3 chip whenever that will come onto the market. Fortunately you can't, since S3 graphics division is sold to VIA, and they will now only make integrated sh*t.

I once bought a Hercules Terminator Beast... I think Hercules was one of the best, of not the best board maker on the market at that time. Man, did I HATE that chipset afterwards. S3 used the Savage3D as a public alpha-chip test. The drivers NEVER got completely fixed, because it had hardware design flaws. The Savage4 was the 'final' version of the Savage3D chip.

Moral of the story:
          If you once had an experience like I had with the savage3d, you will never rant, complain or anything about matrox again in such a way.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Mr. Cold, I'm proud of you.

Welcome in!!!

Keep the faith, boys... the end of the tunnel may not be too far off...

--------------------------
              Holly
              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

NVidia doesn't release drivers every few days. They're "leaked."

There wasn't an official release between October of last year and a week or two ago.

There are serious questions amongst nVidia users about "leaking" and intentionally but unofficially releasing drivers without taking any responsibility for them.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
                X