Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marketing is getting a bit too 'extreme'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing is getting a bit too 'extreme'...

I got another marketing person annoying me by ICQ.... now he asked me to do something quite extreme:

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:37 Hi there, can we talk? I have a business offer for you. Read my "info/about", please, and then, if you'll be interested in we can talk.

dZeus 5/31/200 18:38 what is this business about?

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:39 Practically all people have problems with health, and we are offering very powerfull diagnostics and treatment. As our partner You open the so-called terminal and advertise it . The people
    come to you, going through simple procedure of diagnostics, and you send results to us. We process them and send you the reports.

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:39 Or you can search for places (like fitness clubs, drug stores,supermarkets, etc.) for the terminals
    and agree with the owners. In first case you'll recieve 40%, in second 10%. You are loosing nothing.

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:39 I can send the details on your email if you want

dZeus 5/31/200 18:40 but I am not qualified to practice as a doctor

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:40 you do not need to be a doctor!

dZeus 5/31/200 18:41 But if I am not a qualified doctor, how can I give medical advise that is usefull?

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:42 we'll do that for you. all you need - is to give your clients medical reports that we'll send to you

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:42 it's easy

dZeus 5/31/200 18:42 what if (a hypothetical situation), someone dies because of the wrong advice I gave them. Will I be responsible for their death?

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:43 we are

dZeus 5/31/200 18:43 that is guarantueed on paper? I want a signed contract if taht's true

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:43 sure we have a contract I can send it to you with details

dZeus 5/31/200 18:44 hmm... it will probably take quite some time if you sent it to me from the UK

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:44 email

dZeus 5/31/200 18:44 contract by email? That is not juridically valid

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:45 it's valid

dZeus 5/31/200 18:45 I need ot on a paper, signed with your autograph

dZeus 5/31/200 18:45 I've heard otherwise

dZeus 5/31/200 18:45 can you list the article in the constitution where it says it is valid?

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:46 ok, as you wish

dZeus 5/31/200 18:46 But even if it is valid, I feel safer when I have it on paper, signed with your authograph.... (I mean, what difference is it to you)?

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:46 because it's too long time

dZeus 5/31/200 18:47 ? I can wait for some days

dZeus 5/31/200 18:47 if you post it with Urgent on it, it won;t take too long

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:48 sorry, but we can't
    if you want to try our service go to www.wwwclinic.com

dZeus 5/31/200 18:49 I'm sorry then to let you know I am not interested, unless I can get the responsibility issue on a paper contraced, signed by the proper person of your business....

(o)ne 5/31/200 18:51 as you wish, thank you

---------------------------
    Can you believe it? He asked me, not being qualified as a doctoer or whatever, to give medical advice. When I asked about juridical responsibility, he gave very vague answers. Come on! That is completely unresponsible to do! medical advice by internet? A bit odd in the first place....

They never do that on my ICQ

But even if someone would do that, like the person called Jennifer yesterday sending me an url to some piggybank (penny bank), there's that nice button in ICQ that says you can put everyone to your Ignore list

Hope she's happy there.

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 31 May 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

It's called 'Accept messages only from users on my Contact List' and can be found in 'Security & Privacy', 'ignore' tab.

Comment

I only get adverts for naughty sites.

Part of the professionalisation of medicine states that it doctors must become a monopoly. This is approved by state and outlaws 'unapproved' medical practice.
        - at least in the UK

(god i hate sociology)

i would not go there with a 10 ft barge pole!

Paddy
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I know how to configure ICQ so taht I won;t receive spam, but often I get usefull messages from people not (yet) on my contact list. That's why I entered Gambia as the country I live in. That way I won't get 10% as much spam as when I enter Netherlands. I guess companies/people who spam, use some kind of selection of age, gender and country. Gambia often is NOT a part of it :-)

Comment

I love those email diplomas....

Thats why the "Add to ignore list" button is right there when you recieve a message from people not in the contact list...

Ohh BTW, if you want to add someone who wont authorize you its real easy.. My friend found you can just hex edit your contact list, and it doesnt allert the person that they were added... but this is OT

Comment

Working...
            X