Cheesefood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesefood

I thought cheesefood is what you feed your pet cheese.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Posts appear to be disappearing. I had to do a search for this one. I'm just testing to see if it will reappear.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Nope. I still can't get it to reappear in the Soap Box.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

We are in the Soap Box, but we have gone back to 1997!

Comment

Cheesefood

Seriously...does anyone know the exact difference between Cheese and Cheesefood? Other than the fact that Cheesefood tastes like crap...

------------------
          This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

What is Cheesefood???
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Afaik, MadCat, cheese is, naturally, cheese... I trust I need not open the door to another discussion of cheesemaking on The 'Box .

But anyway, an natural product made basically with some kind of milk, salt and whatever else.

Cheesefood, though... by which I guess you mean 'American' cheese, CheezWhiz and Velveeta, is made I think from some cheese (as I understand it, old ends of other cheeses) as well as other flavorings, preservatives, colorings, and additives to keep it soft and pliable and change the melting properties.

It's similar, I believe, to "[fruit-flavored] juice drink", which is mostly water and sugar, with only a percentage of actual fruit juice, or spaghetti sauce "flavored with meat" (as opposed to "meat sauce")

Those products, at least, have laws relating to how much juice or meat they must contain before they can be labelled as "juice" or "meat sauce".

I guess it's the same with cheese.

Holly

Comment

Reading what Holly wrote, I think someone never ate real cheese, and someone misses real cheese badly

Soon...

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

More specifically there's cheese, and cheese food product. Note there won't be a "cheese food" but it will always be a "cheese food product".

A "food product" is an edible product that does not neccessarily fall into the same category as its origin...

Specifically a "food product" that is processed with esters, polymers (yes, polymers), oils, etc, to have an end product that is similar in taste, consistency and use as cheese, becomes a "cheese food product". But it is not, in fact, cheese. Cheese is the result of milk fermentation, etc... This isn't what happens in "cheese food product". *Science* happens in "cheese food product".

Another example is 'potted meat food product'. It serves the purpose of meat, yes, and is engineered (yes, engineered) to taste like meat, but it is not neccessarily meat as it will contain non-meat ingredients such as corn meal, plant fiber, agar, bone, cartilage, hoof, claw, (you think i'm kidding) and other 'non-meat organics' such as lung, bladder, etc. This makes it a "food product".

So basically you have to remember with a given "food product" such as "cheese food product", it is indeed food, it is certainly a product, but it is not neccessarily the food it is designed to resemble.

The best example, I think, is "imitation crab meat food product".

-amikofiz.

[This message has been edited by PurpleHaze (edited 30 May 2000).]
                  Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                  Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                  1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                  200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                  Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                  768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

<center><font size=8 font color="purple">AMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [big hug]</FONT></center>

Even if you <u>are</U> talking about "potted meat food product" [shudder.... and here I thought potted meat was already fake enough when it didn't have "food product" tacked on the end....]

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 30 May 2000).]

Comment

<font size=8><font color="green">Hi Ami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kissssssssssssssssss</font></font>

Don't look at me, Holly

You said "Say Hi to Ami"

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font color="red"><font size=8>IT'S ALL ABOUT THE REAL CALIFORNIA CHEESE!!!!</font></font>

Got it right!

Hi Ami.

Dimitri

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 30 May 2000).]
                        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

<font size="7" color="#FF3333">Oh. My. God. I am gonna <u>puke</u>!</font>

I think my wife should read this....

BTW, hi Ami!

------------------
                          JamesA: Just a Dumbass MURCer
                          System Details

"Have you had any licorice lately?"

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Well then...guess I need to eat more CHEESE!

<font size=6>DOWN WITH CHEESEFOOD!</font>

------------------
                            This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Reminds me of the "tea substitute" in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Wonder if you can have cheeze and no cheeze in your inventory at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X