Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIA and DVD. It's Getting a Little Dull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA and DVD. It's Getting a Little Dull.

Have you guys considered buying Playstations? I hear they're very nice?

I recently wrote a review on Guillemot's GeForce2 GTS. It went up yesterday and already people are emailing me with tech support questions.

Ami, one guy can't get his Asus GeForce2 to work on his Asus K7V. I was thinking of forwarding that one to you.

(Asus, apparently, blamed nVidia and VIA. Now how often does a big OEM get to blame two chip manufacturers?)

I'm thinking of starting a computer advise column.

Brian, you won't need PCI cards with WindowsME. Just enable ACPI and you can throw all your PCI cards in the garbage.

Ami, I'm using five NIC's, all from different manufacturers, and they all work fine. You just have to stop calling them "NIC's." Apparently, some guy named Nick used to beat up Bill Gates in junior high. Just start refering you your network interface cards as "BOB" and all your conflicts should disappear.

And stop licking your peripherals! You'll only encourage them to further acts of depravity.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

VIA and DVD. It's Getting a Little Dull.

And AGP 4x. If I see another AGP 4X complaint, I think I'm going to scream.

I'd welcome a good IRQ problem for a change.

I remember when a day wouldn't go by without a couple of them.

Remember when you could solve a problem by telling the poster to push their board harder into the AGP slot?

I don't mean to diminish the real problems people are having. (Except for the AGP 4X issue. It's kind of like saying, I just bought this nuclear reactor to run my toaster and I can't seem to fire it up. Now, I could plug it into the wall outlet, but I have this reactor in the basement and ... )

I just don't know what to tell people anymore. The VIA wars are beginning to get a little nasty. People are calling each other names.

I can't wait until the G800 comes out and we get a few good IRQ problems. With a bit of luck, Creative will release a new soundcard with really crappy shipping drivers. I'd welcome telling people to upgrade to Liveware 5.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I hope that everything sorts its self out for you
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Paul, why won't my G400 work in dual head mode in Win 3.1? Why won't it support Win-G.

Via wars? I just ordered a K7V. Am i in for a big old surprise?
        Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
        Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
        1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
        200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
        Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
        768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Paul - I just accidently mixed up all my PCI cards and don't know where they go. I put them back in and nothing works. What did I do wrong? I need help. Plus I had to reinstall my Win 95 and my BEOS OS (which share a partition) and neither of them recongnize any of my cards. By the way, I have three NICs from different manufacturers and two SB Lives with my G400 MAX, all on the same interupt. Also, my MB (via chipset) sparks occasionally around the processor capacitors (possibly from the GoVideo fcpga adaptor I got at a yard sale).

Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 31 May 2000).]

Comment

Yeah, Same thing happened to me, Paul. Except I have four NICs, two of them hooked up with a crossover cable to eachother so that I can VPN to myself.

Oh, and do you know where to get drivers to do TCP/IP over SCSI? I changed the MAC address of one of my hard drives and I can't read anything off of it anymore unless i pull out the cache chip, lick it, and put it back in.

-ami
            Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
            Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
            1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
            200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
            Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
            768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Up

Date problem with the forum again.

Comment

I painted "go-faster stripes" on my PII -why isn't working?
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Your CPU was designed in Santa Clara, California, and it just doesn't understand what "Go Faster Stripes" are.

You should familiarize yourself with California slang and iconography and modify your CPU accordingly.

Here is a link to some British->American automotive tranlastions:
                  http://www.team.net/sol/solterms.html#translations

Australian MURCers might want to check out the American-Australian Slang Dictionary:
                  http://psy.otago.ac.nz:800/r_oshea/slang.html

Users from non-English speaking countries may have to resort to more traditional methods, like increasing the speed of the frontside bus.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

When are these fori going to be available in my next NES update?

Oh, and I want to play UT online on my C64, how do I do that?

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Just put the C64 on your chair and sit on it. Now play with your PC as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X