everquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everquest

Find someone with the Diablo II stress test and play that for a while. THat will get you off your EverCrack addiction. It worked for me

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I've been curious about the massive multiplayer games but have a problem with paying $50 for the game and then a $10+ fee every month - that would cure my addiction quickly.

Is it really worth it? I just can't believe spending close to $200 for a year of gaming is worth it - I bought HL when it first came out and it has more than made up for the initial investment with TFC. I just don't know if I'd get the same amount of play out of Everquest...
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

everquest

oh no ive been hooked i dont think i will ever see my real world friends any more.

the mom's and dad's went to nashvile and some where on the road they picked up some games (for the moms to play on my laptop that i loned them ((forever))one of witch was everquest (she did not notice that it was a online only game) any way they got home on sunday, told me about the new games and asked if i wanted some online fantisy game she bought but did not want to play becuase it was online only. i look at it and say sure ill take it (monday about 12am i install it run the tutor and log on line start playing half elf ranger (in ad&d i was always a ranger) leveled up after dieing 6 times and i can't stop im hooked i might as well start takeing my coffee with a iv)

this game rocks

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

ive started printing maps ohno
        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

Plus Everquest is stagnant. You can only play so long before it gets REALLY DULL. Unless you suck at it, which I'm given to understand fully half of the players do. Hehe.

Anyway, there are other alternatives. MUDs, for one. My favorite is Tsunami (tsunami.thebigwave.net). Telnet in and have a blast. Yeah, it's text. Cope.

I'm working on a better massively multiplayer system. Half MUD, half EverCrack. Anyone wanna help? Mail me.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

i like it, i role play my part, (not just runarouond killing things.) ill probibly play for at least 6 months, where i will or will not renew. as for 10 bucks a month its cheap when i was going out to play pool on mondays (apa) i would spend 20.00 for a few hours entertainment, movie ticket 7.50 8.00 around here for 2hours, so in comparison 49.95 for 6 months of good entertainment is worth it to me. 8.31 per month.

yes i used to think pay per month thats nuts, but then i took into consideration all the money i was and am still spending for only a few hours entertainment and it's no longer a outrageus exspence. weather its worth it to you is only relavent if you like fantisy games. (i was a bibg ad&d player and gm for a long time) plus the game looks great on g400 (turned all options on) wow looks good, (besides first month is free) don't like the game return it (if you bought it in a store with a return policy) as long as you cancle your account within first 30days no charge to your card. (personaly i like the game.)

now i didnot pay for the game (although it was marked 39.00 for both the exspansion and original game and i can't return it any way (was bouth like 100 miles from nashville and i live in ct.) no way im going to blow 100.00 in gas to retun a game (nither are my parents which is why they gave it to me.)

noel

Comment

Working...
            X