Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well guys, This is it. I'm leaving for Cali at 8 local time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys, This is it. I'm leaving for Cali at 8 local time.

This is my last post from Korea. Emotions are high right now... I don't think I can take saying goodbye to anymore friends. It's too hard. I'm going to miss my girlfriend, that's for sure. I don't know how I can cope without her in America. It sure is going to be hard. Anyway, thanks for everything guys, and if all goes well, I'll see you in America.
    McRhea

McRhea,

I know I didn't post in the first thread you started, but I read it. I feel for you man. I've been there before and it's tough. Just remember that attitude is the strongest thing you got and things always get better, always!
    Also, I live in Cali, where are you moving to? Doesn't matter anyway because as everyone else said in the first thread, California is awesome! Never have to drive to far to do something fun and there are many, many new girls that you will meet here. I'm not saying you don't have a great girlfriend(I'm sure she's awesome), but there comes a time when thngs mellow down and people move. Anyhow, you'll survive and you always have us Welcome back to California!

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Chris, have a safe trip. If you run into any trouble or homesickness drop me a line, and I'll do my best to help you

Jord.
      ------------
      T minus 13 days.

edited for some music... (thought of giving you One by Metallica, but this one is more appropriate )
      <embed src="http://www.wolfi.ch/midis/phill%20collins/in%20the%20air.mid" hidden=true autostart=true loop=true>
      <noembed>
      <bgsound src=" http://www.wolfi.ch/midis/phill%20co...0the%20air.mid " loop=infinite>
      </noembed>

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 28 May 2000).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

good luck mate!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Need a ride from the airport?

Good luck bro.

Dimitri
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Hey, McRhea....[list=1][*] Have a safe trip (what is it, like 24 hours in the air or something?).[*] Good luck in school, etc-- what are you going to be studying and did I miss where?[*] Don't worry too much; you surely can cope with the U.S.... don't forget, we have no standards here anyway [/list=a]

'K, that concludes all the stuff that's important but that I don't care about ... Sorry to be nosey, but heavens know you have no business complaining about that now ... anyway, I claim "female privilege".
            • First of all, did you ever even tell us how the first thread turned out? Is she well?
            • Second, did you two break up due to your leaving , or are you going to have a long-distance love affair?

If so, <u> email me (or Jord, or both)</u>, we can help you.
            • I know it's very hard, but remember that <u>there is a reason that you've done this</U>... try to make it worthwhile by doing well in school and enjoying the beauty of America. And have some fun! No one wants you to punish yourself with denial, I'm sure.

Will you be staying with family there? Or is everything going to be new? Try to look on it as an adventure... and be grateful-- after all, at least you speak the language!!!

Good luck, dude!

--------------------------
            Holly, T-12

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 28 May 2000).]

Comment

I dont know if I'm just a cold hearted bastard, but I left Mexico to move to the US and have never looked back.

I mean, I dont know if I'm unique, but it wasnt that big a deal to me.

Guess I am a cold hearted bastard
              A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Well... here I am in America, once again. Without my girlfriend. It's been so long since I've been to America, that I feel like I dont belong. Ah well. That feeling usually goes away in a week or so.

I haven't decided where I want to go to college yet. Until I do decide though, I'm going to go to a community college to take a couple of computer classes, and freshen up on some English, Math, and Physics courses.

Helevitia, near Sacramento....

Holly... she went to the doctor, got some medicine, and stuff. She's doing fine now. We went to a hotel the day before I left, and she was fine.

I'm planning on taking a computer course, but again, I'm not sure what. Probably something to do with programing... or graphics...

Yes, I'm NOT breaking up with her. Never, ever. The thought will never cross my mind. She can come out here in an year, or something will work out. I plan to do the best I can do at school, so I can graduate quickly, find a job, and marry her.

Well... I've been up for about 24 hours now... and needless to say, I'm tired.
                Any suggestions on what I should major in at college?

See you guys
                McRhea

Comment

Hands up if you think Genom is a cold hearted bastard?

sorry, but your handle is just too similar to genome....

-----------
                  Genetics exam @ 2:00pm today!
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                  X