Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I finally got of my ass and started studying....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally got of my ass and started studying....

And ya know what? I think it actually might be helping...

No, seriously though, I was reading out of my philosophy book (not very interesting in my opinion btw) and I found what I thought was a really cool quote - especially coming from someone who's skeptical about whether or not they have a stick up their ass (after all, they are a philosopher - no offense to any philosopher's here....)!

"Nothing is more free than the imagination of man ... it has unlimited power of mixing, compounding, separating, and dividing these ideas, in all the varieties of fiction and vision." - David Humer from An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding

I doubt I got the quote in the correct form, but I also doubt I have to worry about you guys accusing me of plagarism....

Anyway, being a relatively creative guy, I found this quote particularly interesting.

Thanks for your time,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Vision, wish I had that right now... the vision of what will happen to me if I don't start studying for my Romanian thesis (a semestrial test that counts for about 1/4 of the final grade), but my imagination is still stuck on fiction.
    Mixing, compounding, separating, I hate these words, I think you know what they remind me of , at least I passed the bloody thing, yey! no more worryes, at least till next year

[This message has been edited by Aurel (edited 23 May 2000).]

Comment

Good for you Muad'Dib. Results are usually tied to effort expended. And positive attitude reduces effort, like oiling dry door hinges before your arm gets sore opening and closing it.

Being creative, I would think philosophy would be interesting to you. Helps one relate, doesn't it?

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
      Matrox P
      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
      LianLiPC70

Comment

SComp, no it doesn't help ME to relate to anything. It just sort of helps me catch up on some sleep....

See, for this class, you have to analyze shit. I'm no good at that. I can sit down and write a creative paper about almost anything in almost any time, but I can't analyze to save my life....

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

non-technical talk...
          Brain melting...
          System shutdown imminent...
          Shutting down all positronic circuits...
          REBOOT!

All systems back online...

What were you talking about?

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The cure to insomnia and loss of memory, Jammrock
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Analyze. To examine in detail and offer an explanation?

If you can write creatively about a subject, you have the skill Dimitri, maybe you just don't see it. Like not seeing the forest through the trees deal.

You will have to perform an analysis on your analytical ability. Not enough organization, not enough disassembly, too much, not relating to other points of view? Is it at the beginning, in the middle, where does it feel like it goes wrong?

Try looking at it like it is your least best area, like a weak muscle that needs to be beefed up with use. This I am no good stuff leads to low self esteem.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

I agree with you Scomp. Maybe if I get inspired (and fix my hs/fan from falling off my cpu so I can use it) I will post some of my shorter stories if anyone feels like reading for 15 or 20 minutes. I do think you're right though about it being like a weak muscle. My english teachers have been telling me for such a long time about how badly I analyze things that it has just sort of grown on me. I suppose I'm decent at it, except I alway start my papers like 2 hours before they're doo.... Creative papers I can get away with that though. I remember one time I was supposed to write something (in high school) in a day and turn it in the next. Minimum of 2 pages. I came in the next day needing an extension because I was already 30 some pages into the story. It's a shame I lost THAT one....

Anyway, a funnyness happened to me today that I think you all will appreciate. I stayed awake in philosophy lecture today the WHOLE time and at the end of class, the prof passed out the next paper assignment. So I went to get it from him and he turns to me and says, "Hey, aren't you the guy who always sleeps through class?" Of course, I said, "No, that must be someone else...." He looks at me funny and says, "No, it's you. I haven't seen anyone else with such funny hair! " WTF!?! I don't think he likes me to much anymore.... LOL

Dimitri who needs to scan in a picture of me so you know what I'm talking about. Just so you know though, I have poofy dark brown hair which if I straighten it in the front will come a little below my eyes. hehe, Last year for kicks I tried to get it to look like Wolverine's hair (except brown) and it almost worked, but the amount of gel I had to use was pathetic so I decided it wasn't worth it.
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X