Hey guys. I'm going back to America and I need to remove my G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. I'm going back to America and I need to remove my G400

That's a long subject huh? Anyway, like it says, I'm going back to America , but leaving the comp here. I'm through with Gateway. Before I remove it, is there anything I need to know? Use the uninstall program, remove the card from Device manager, all that crap? I just want to make sure so no problems arise with the Voodoo Banshee I'm putting in for my parents. Yes, don't worry, I'm taking the G400 with me.

You know, I thought this day would never come... words can't express how sad I am right now. I'm leaving so many good friends behind.
    McRhea

Run Matrox's uninstaller. You'll be prompted to restart after it does its thing. Restart.

When you're back in Windows, you'll be prompted to install drivers. Install the driver for Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). You'll be prompted to restart again. Restart.

When you get back into Windows, you'll be in Standard VGA mode. Open Windows Explorer and run do a search for leftover drivers. Do a search on

G400*.*
    MGA*.*

Odds are, you won't find anything. If you want to be very careful, do a search through the registry as well.

If you want to be really, really careful, restart and boot into Safe Mode. In Device Manager, cleck to see if your G400 is still listed. If it is, remove it.

Turn the machine off. Remove the G400 and replace it with the Banshee. You'll be prompted for the Banshee's drivers when you boot back into Windows.

Sorry to hear that you have to leave your friends in Korea. In any case, welcome back to California.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 22 May 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Paul. You know what I think is the hardest thing? Saying Goodbye. Saying goodbye has to be the hardest thing... I'm a mess right now. Oh well. Life in California is the best it can get, right?
      McRhea

Comment

Where in Cali are you movin to?

As with good-byes... if the friends are important enough, you'll keep in touch with them, otherwise.... But I know, it's a bitch bro.
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Muad... near the capitol... Sacramento. I know Paul lives somewhere in or near San Francisco...
          Why do you ask? Do you live in Cali?
          McRhea

Comment

Goodbyes are hard.

On the bright side, you're moving back to California, and that can't be all bad.

The weather's been fine this spring, albeit a bit cool. No El Nino or La Nina, however. That's a blessing. I don't think Big Sur can take much more rain.

The reservoirs are full. The economy is stronger than ever (knock on wood). And the ground has been relatively still.

And very soon, both in the north and south, the parades of miniskirts will hit Montgomery Street and Wilshire Blvd. (I'm guessing about Wilshire. I know there are big office buildings there.) And they're ALL California Girls. Every last one.

Unpack your sunglasses, McRhea. Break out the sun screen. Have a burrito. Maybe some sushi. And don't forget your sense of humor in Korea. California welcomes you back.(Umbrella drinks are now being served on the veranda.)

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 22 May 2000).]

Comment

Welcome to California: In today's news ...
              Fatal Crash Shuts Down Highway 5 Near Sacramento
              A spokeswoman for the California Highway Patrol says a multi-car fatal accident five miles south of Sacramento has closed all southbound lanes of Interstate Highway 5 for the afternoon commute. Officer Lisa Beaudette said, ``There is one person confirmed dead and possibly three.''

The accident was reported at 3:21 p.m. and involved four cars.
              This place has gotten so congested that you can't even move. Real tough for somebody who grew up in the Silicon Valley when it was nothing but orchards. Grumble, grumble.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah, I know Xortam. Doesn't it suck!?! I've spent a good portion of my life in a little Greek village that has maybe 30 cars for all 400 people....

McRhea, I'm in L.A....
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Im in California too. Bakersfield, between LA and Fresno....

Yeah School is almost out!
                  Welcome Back.

Comment

C'mon guys! We're suppose to be cheering McRhea up!

Whoa! McRhea! I think I just saw a gaggle of surfer girls run past my window.

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Oops! Sorry! I forgot I was in San Francisco. They were "sex industry workers."

Same thing.

Paul
                      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Oh yeah. California!

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Feelin' better?

<embed src="http://www.grandfunkhighway.com/around.mid" hidden=true autostart=true loop=true>
                          <noembed>
                          <bgsound src=" http://www.grandfunkhighway.com/around.mid " loop=infinite>
                          </noembed>
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

look its dancing rats
                            msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                            it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

hehehe... thanks guys. That cheered me up all right. AHHH... good ol' California. I just wish I didn't have to leave my precious girlfriend behind. That's why I'm so sad. *Snif* I'm sure Jorden, Holly, and the rest of you would understand what I'm talking about. Think about leaving your girlfriend or wife in a different country from where you're at... That's what I'm doing, and it HURTS. I mean, REALLY REALL REALLY Hurts. I'm going to miss her SOOOOOO much. My heart breaks everytime I think about it. I leave Korea this coming Sunday, 5/28. Wow... time flys. I wish I could catch time and hold it forever. We're spending every second we can together. She's next to me right now, playing a computer game on my other "not-so-hot" comp. Man I wish I could bring her.

(This is an edit... forgot to spell check... DOH! )

[This message has been edited by McRhea (edited 23 May 2000).]
                              McRhea

Comment

Working...
                              X