Does the Pope visit the MURC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Pope visit the MURC?

I think all of you are missing the point of organized religions. (Control of the masses though superstition.) Look at the Vatican they own 3/4 of Europe. They are a state and government of there own. (Just like all the other organized religions. they are like all the cults you read about only they have been around longer and "the people" have been brain washed to accept their faith as the norm. Now if you look at all of the religions in this manner you can see why corruption and abuse of power is running rampant with in the organizations. It has nothing to due with GOD its has to due with power and control and that corrupts.

this is just my opinion.
    but i think the Vatican is too busy trying to control and own the world to visit the murc for too long.

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 03 January 1997).]
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Does the Pope visit the MURC?

Before the forums crash back off, I'd better try to put this link in...

Ant, would it be possible that Pope John Paul II is frequenting these fori?

I looked at the NedStat Statistics for Matrox Users Resource Centre and found 2 entries from Vatican City State (Holy See)

Devine attention

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jord,

We get attention from Ned Devine? NO WAY!

Ok, all joking aside - I doubt that the people from the Holy City have time to really view this site properly. They are too busy trying to figure out how to twist the minds of 50% of the world's population.

And the rest of their time is usually spent molesting small boys.

Oh, dear me! Have I begun to offend any Catholics yet? I certainly hope so!

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Oh come now Gurm, I think you're being just a little harsh. The catholics don't deserve THAT much criticism.... Ok, maybe they do. The worst flaw in their doctrine is actually the trinity anyway. I think that if they abolished that, well that and the divine right of the pope, everything else would start to fall into place.
        But thats just my opinion.
        Ian
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Not only divine attention then... I just loaded the main page with

Jason, the only thing I know is that about 98% of all wars on this planet were and are about religion. Let's not put it on the shoulders of the Catholics only.

Btw, what is your religion?
          I'm reformed (protestant), even though it only says so on my certificate. I seldom see the inside of a church.

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

I think you find religon is an excuse.
            Most wars are really about Power,Oil, Money, Land etc. However you need to stir up the public and get them running round like sheep.
            Once in that state very few will question the proposed reason and the few that do, you can lock them away and quietly kill them.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Having gone to Catholic schools (I'm not Catholic), I found plenty of reasons to disagree with the faith (personally, I find the idea of transmorgification to be one of the most repulsive things...)

Aside from just generally being too conservative for my tastes, I see nothing horribly wrong with the religion.

The little boy comment was a bit strong, Gurm... Other religions have this same problem (even those who don't require celibacy). I'm all for pointing the proverbial finger when deserved, but those types of generalizations just aren't warranted.

As for the wars, PIT's right - money is the driving force behind nearly every major war ever fought.
              PIII 550@605
              IWill Motherboard VD133
              VIA Chipset
              512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
              G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
              DirectX 8.0a
              SB Live! Value
              8x DVD (Toshiba)
              6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
              Intel Pro/100+ NIC
              3Com CMX Cable Modem
              Optiquest V95 19"
              HP 812C Color Ink Jet
              Microtek flatbed scanner
              Intellimouse Explorer
              Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
              AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

The one thing that is wrong with religion ist that religious people tend to force it on others, not only the religion itself but also their rules on non-religious people.

Comment

I agree with the The Pitt. Most wars are about power, land, etc. I'd throw nationalism into the equation, particularly in the 20th century.

None of these "reasons" are mutually exclusive, but religion is often just a facade.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thank The Gods that I am only a Reformed Druid. Only allowed to worship house plants and small shrubs

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey, people, can we take a more Zen view of things here?

Although many religions (not just Catholic) have used their beliefs as an excuse to disrupt the world of those with other beliefs, it is still not for us to judge what others need on the road to enlightenment.

There's no reason to hurt or offend those members who find Catholicism an important foundation of their spiritual growth, just because it doesn't work for you. Such wounds do not help anyone grow, and just continue the kind of religious war everyone objects to in the first place.

I won't ask for apologies--- we all have the right to our opinion--- but I will ask that we provide a good example.

If we don't show "Christian charity" (even we non-Christians), then how can we conplain about the behavior of others?

-------------------------
                      Holly

P.S.--- I dunno, Jord... I don't think the Pope can surf the web from that cool little glass car he has... but I gotta admit, I do wonder who it might be. Probably some guy/gal who works in a Radio Shack or something... I mean, there must be an ordinary "Vatican Town" or something, with shoe stores and diners, right? Maybe I'm wrong...
                      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

LOL, Gurm!! I agree completely with you.

Comment

I think it's easy to judge them when they say we don't agree with you so we're going to blow you all up.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have no problems with any religion. However, the religion should be pure and unsullied, and you should believe it deeply in your heart, mind, and soul. Otherwise, what's the point?

99% of Catholics (and I'm not just pulling this number from my ass, I've BEEN to lots of masses) haven't read their own holy books. In fact, until a couple decades ago, it was FORBIDDEN to read the Bible if you were Catholic, unless you had a priest there to "help you understand it". The point is that their own doctrine completely contradicts their own fundamental beliefs. I feel the same way about many versions of modern Islam. It is so far removed from the Q'ran (spelling?) that it isn't even the same religion any more.

And I have yet to see the same disturbing numbers of pedophiles amongst the protestant clergy. Of course, the Catholics got that wrong too. The line they use to justify celibacy is spoken by St. Paul - he says that he has chosen God and the clergy (as it was at the time) as his wife. Good, fine. Of course the very next line is "DON'T DO THIS. I'M STRANGE AND OTHER MEN CAN'T HANDLE THIS. MARRY."

Go figure that the Catholics choose to disregard this.

And Jorden, for your edification I'm a Messianic Jew. I am Jewish by birth and heritage, but I have chosen to accept that Christ was in in fact the messiah that the Jewish people waited for for 2000 years. Of course, most Jews are still waiting. Heh.

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

It's time God came down and kicked some ass. (If you believe in God).
                              It sad that religon allows a few poeple to interprit there readings in any manner that they feel fit, only mentioning items that suit there cause.
                              A true religon should be open to any questions and should be able to change the rulings if there found to be wrong.
                              Who was the last person to speak to God anyway.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X