Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few thoughts that occured to me and some friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts that occured to me and some friends...

Ok, so I was eating dinner with a friend of mine and we came up with some pretty strange ideas. How bout some help discerning them....

1.) What do you call a quadrapolegic (sp?) that is for some reason, missing a limb? Are they a triplegic???

2.) Ok, here's a strange scenario. Suppose your parents get divorced. You start dating someone and eventually get married. If one of your parents (i.e.: your mother) begins dating your spouses parent (i.e.: there father) and get married, does that mean you are married to your step sister (or brother)??? What the hell kind of family is that!?!

For the record, neither of these "strangeties" are parts of my life. Just strange thoughts...

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I know, I know! OK, I can't help it, so here it is:

1. A very ****ed up triopelegic. Hell, he's almost a parapelegic again.

2. A seriously dysfunctional family that belongs on the Jerry Springer show.

Dave

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

...and some friends...

Didn't know you still had friends, Dimi
      When I chose to go out
      I always leave the light on
      when I have to stay in,
      you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
      now that I'm living on my own,
      and while they've never been more right,
      can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

You must've missed my other post where I mentioned that since I killed my comp, I've started to get a life, Jord..... Now I talk to PEOPLE!!! who are in my neighborhood FACE TO FACE!!! and no longer talk OVER THE COMPUTER!!! to people in the NETHERLANDS!!!

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Zin in een gesprek? Online?

In case it's a harware problem:
          PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
          Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

this is crude but, (the qaud could be a male) ah i.e. 3rd leg ? or a head less corpse?
            msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
            it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Excuse my burtish manner, but isnt a quadraplegic someone who is paralized? who ever said anything about losing more than 4 limbs?

Besides, as far as I know, qudraplegic refers to the condition, not necesaraly to the amount of limbs the person has. You can be missing a leg and still be a quadra. Like if your in a accident where your paralized and lose a limb. Get it?

Finally, the family thing? As long as there is no blood relation, there isnt a problem. The only reason everybody has these taboo's against incest is for genetic well being. SO no genetic relation (well, directly) and no problem.

Simple dont ya think?
              A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Zeg FaRaN, zit Dimi effe niet te pesten door Nederlands te schrijven, als z'n vrienden het lezen is-ie ze weer kwijt. Trouwens, hij verstaat er geen klap van... oeps

Dimi, I didn't miss you on ICQ this weekend asking me "why the fori were down", "when the fori would be back", "if I contacted Ant about it" and if so, "whassup?"

Being the FAQ mod is a difficult job, when the fori are down

Jord.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Someone gonna translate that sh*t for us Americans???

Genom, I wasn't thinking there would be a problem with the family thing, I was just thinking it would be funny if you went to a party or something and you had to introduce the spouce. Wouldn't it be something like, "This is my wife ... er, and ... er ... step-sister... um, I'm gonna go now...."

Jord, I'm sure if I checked my ICQ history, I would find more than just "why the fori were down", "when the fori would be back", "if I contacted Ant about it...." It seems to me it might be time to get a memory upgrade....

Dimitri
                  --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Quadriplegia is the paralysis of all *four* limbs, typically from spinal cord injuries or stroke. I don't think it has anything to do with amputation, but it always involves four limbs. The first syllable, "quad," is significant. Genom is correct. Someone paralysed from the neck down *and* missing a limb is considered quadriplegic, as they lost or never had the use of all four limbs.

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 17 May 2000).]

Comment

errrrr...

Patrick is showing off his knowledge again!
                      *blush*

You are quite right Paul/Genom
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

if a quadrapleigic has lost four limbs then how can he/she loose an other?
                        Unless it is some god damn inbread freak.
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Ahem...
                          Anyone want an educated opinion?

Paul is rigth. Quadraplegia (or tetraplegia) has nothing to do with loss of a member.It is paralisis of the four limbs (and body) usually due to spinal cord injuries in the upper cervical spine (before the emergence of nervous brachial plexus, who gives the motor innervation to upper limbs). Stroke usually doesn´t result in tetraplegia because it would have to be so extense that the poor guy would be dead much after. A stroke usually gives hemiparesia or hemiplegia - the loss of streght or total paralisys on one side of the body, accordingly. That happens when the stroke affects the motor cortex on the brain or a piramidal tract - that is a nervous tract from where come all the motor nervous fibers for one side of the body.

Comment

also,
                            Paralysis results below a spinal cord injury. Quaraplegia
                            results from cervical injury. Above C1--C2 usually death from inability to breathe. C3-C4 usually needs a respirator for life support. C5-C6: maybe a weak bicep, but nothing else. C6-C7 may have some use of upper shoulders/bicep or some weal tricep. Everyone is slightly different anatomically.
                            These are known as anomalies. Each injury is slightly different and it is important to know if the anterior or
                            posterior portions of the cord are both injured, if the injury is a bruise or a break in the spinal cord.

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                            128mb pc-100 cas 2
                            Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                            SB Live!
                            Winblows 98se & DX7
                            and 384k DSL!

Comment

Speaking of anomalies, sh*t, you should see my stomack.... Everyone's always talking about they're six/eight pack or whatever, right? Well, I got a 7 pack.... It's all crooked and sh*t and the right side (smaller side in case you're wondering) you can't see the lowest muscle - whatever it's called. It pisses me off. I really don't like doing ab workouts because of that (not that it makes any difference whether or not I do, but...).

So, how many of you guys are doctors out there or do you just know crazy anatomy? Not you Patrick, you don't count. You're not officialy a doc yet, right?...

Dimitri
                              --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X