er.... its not for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• er.... its not for me

Oh that was ages ago. And it was the nVidia series of cards. You should post this in general hardware. I don't recall the current state of things, but I think they added a switch in the control panel to enable "geek mode" or something. Ask over there.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Yes, Gurm is right. The entry can be found by searching for something like cool bits, or coolbits. Pretty funny name, huh?

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

There are two and it depends on which Detonator set he is using. I think before the 3.7X sets, it is PowerUser.reg. Starting with the 3.7X set, it's coolbits.reg. (Possibly, 3.68 is the set where Coolbits comes into play.)

Here's a link to the Detonator hacks:
      http://www.reactorcritical.com/files...tonatorReg.zip

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

If you like entering stuff into the registry yourself:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIACorporation\Glob al\NvTweak]
        "CoolBits"=dword:00000003

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Cheers lads,
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

er.... its not for me

I remember reading somewhere about a reg entry which when treaked brought up a developmental 'tweaking' program.

I cant remember what card it was for but my mate has a Riva TNT 2 Ultra and I though it could have been that.

Imagine serching all the forums for "overclock" and "reg"!

If anyone can point me in the right direction and let a friend make the most of a misinformed purchase!

Cheers lads,
            Paddy
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X