PDA

View Full Version : Brief Goodbye

Jorden
4th May 2000, 14:05
Logging on for the last time before the move... My PC's been stripped bare already, with only the monitor and the keyboard/mouse still attached. All the rest is packed and ready for moving to my flat.

Because I don't have a modem-connection there yet (no phone) I won't be online for some time. Hopefully I'll have some sort of connection back on Monday.

So keep the forums nice and tidy. For the UT'ers out there: Have fun and blast one for me.

I'll be back. Just don't know when.

Dada, Jord.

Muad'Dib
4th May 2000, 14:09
See ya later bud

Paddy
4th May 2000, 14:21
Take care mate!

Paddy
4th May 2000, 14:33
so long, farewell, alfriedelwhat-not, good byeeeeeeee....

xortam
4th May 2000, 15:48
He's gone? Quick, let's shred the place! http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/smile.gif

ALBPM
4th May 2000, 18:41
Adios Amoeba!!!!

Ok Jordene is gone lets have some fun...LOL

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 05 May 2000).]

motub
6th May 2000, 08:58
He's gone? Quick, let's shred the place!

*cough* Errr, xortam.... perhaps you might want to consider turning away from the Dark Side, just for the moment.... Or have you forgotten that Jord is not The Boss of You...? http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/icons/icon2.gif

---------------------
The Boss of You

HollyBerri
6th May 2000, 09:08
No, no, Swampy, his period key isn't stuck. It's just that "sensitive, romantic, European man" way of talking, complete with sighs and staring off into the middle distant sky, translated into text. http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/wink.gif

Other than that thing a ma jig on your com port, what else woudl you need?

Oh, now <u>surely</u> you know better than to ask a man such a question on a forum where his fiancee hangs out--- especially when there's an ocean between them.

<u>You</u>, though, might need to do something about that little spot of dyslexia ("woudl"?) http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/icons/icon2.gif ...

------------------------
Holly

SteveC
6th May 2000, 14:52
Hey Swampy - do you actually own any matrox stuff, or do you just like the company? http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Cheers,
Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Rags
6th May 2000, 14:58
Swamplady----> Isn't that a character off of Days of Our Lives?

SteveC
6th May 2000, 14:59
'Days Of Our Lives' Now that is one pathetic program - comes nowhere NEAR Neighbours or especially Eastenders. (UK only people here I think will agree)

------------------
Cheers,
Steve

HollyBerri
6th May 2000, 16:24
Au contraire, Steve... EastEnders at least is very popular on a local Public Television station here in NYC... the show has a magazine as well, I think, and is a major source of funding during their pledge drives.

But since I gave up soaps a looong time ago, I don't even have $0.02 cents of opinion to contribute (whew!) http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/wink.gif.

--------------------
Holly

Genom
6th May 2000, 17:09
Welp, I just finished my move. Nice new place. FInally have my comp in the living room so I can enjoy my brand new TV http://www.toshiba.com/tacp/hdtv/TN50X81.html And chilling. No pics as my desk is still horribly clean. But good luck Jord! I woulda sent the van, but that treck across the ocean might have ruined it.

[This message has been edited by Genom (edited 07 May 2000).]

motub
6th May 2000, 21:42
I'm very sorry for your loss, SwAmPlAdY. Thank you for telling us of such an important event in your personal life. My deepest sympathies are with you.

---------------------
Holly, who unfortunately still can't help with any questions about soap operas...

ALBPM
7th May 2000, 06:26
Oh SwAmPy, my condolences to you and your lovely daughter. I wondered why I haven't heard from either of you for awhile.

Paul

SteveC
7th May 2000, 07:52
Same here Swampy - our thoughts are with you and your daughter.

------------------
Cheers,
Steve

MegaManX4
7th May 2000, 11:40
Now, that's..uhm...funny!
Is Swampy the first woman here, or what??

Mega (hopes to see more women here)

SteveC
7th May 2000, 12:25
Errr.. MegaMan - Swampy is one of the many women we have in these forums - the moderator of this forum, after all is named 'Holly'. Now, do you think that's a woman or not?

Also, how can Swampy's husband passing away be funny?

------------------
Cheers,
Steve

Rags
7th May 2000, 14:42
Steve,

I just think Mega is just an arse, and can't help itself.

Rags

Muad'Dib
7th May 2000, 15:23
My condolences Swampy as well.

Dimitri

paulcs
7th May 2000, 16:50
My condolences, SwAmPlAdY.

It's good to see you back.

Paul
paulcs@flashcom.net

Wombat
7th May 2000, 23:17
Swampy,
How old is your daughter? I was 15 when my father died in a car accident, and my sister was 10. You make it through, though.

MegaManX4
8th May 2000, 07:05
Rags, just **** off. If you missunderstand me, it's not my problem.

It is definetly not funny to be left alone. I didn't mean that.
The thing i found funny is that swampy is the first woman here I recognized.

And Rags, i hope your post isn't typical for you.

Mega

motub
8th May 2000, 07:29
Excuse me... "gentlemen".

Mega, for a MURCer, you act like you never met any of us before. I've been here for about a year now, and have made it abundantly clear that I am female. Ami (PurpleHaze) has been around for about 9 months, also quite clearly female. And SwAmPlAdY was here before us both. I'm sure there's other female regulars who mostly post on the forums I don't spend much time on, as well.

If you missed all that, it isn't **our** problem...!

Oh and btw, your post was poorly phrased and pd easy to misunderstand, when we are all offering our condolences and you say that <u>anything</u> is "funny".

What were you, raised in a barn?

And as to the question of whether that post was typical of Rags or not... if I was you, I'd just let it go. You really don't want to know what kinds of posts some of us hotheads make when we're po'd... and trust me, saying dumb things in the middle of a somber moment, and then arguing when we complain about it is pretty much guaranteed to piss us off.

Do I make myself clear?

Sorry, Swampy.

-----------------------
Holly

MegaManX4
8th May 2000, 08:14
Motub,

My posts are poorly phrased? So then do a post in German, please. I think that will be harder for you than english is for me.

"raised in a barn?" don't know what that means, please no slang.

And for that "bad" posts, flaming doesn't help at all and only heats up things.
Better stay cool, than everything can be cleared. Right?

In fact I never saw any of you girls here, maybe because I'm mostly in the "technic" forums.
PLEASEdon't take me wrong now.
I don't think that women aren't talented in technics.
I like women in my job and i would appreciate it if there would be more of you.

Mega (who hopes that this won't start any flaming)

JamesA
8th May 2000, 09:01
Ms. SwAmPlAdY,

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

JamesA (whom you probably don't know)

Jorden
8th May 2000, 10:57
Swamplady, my sincerest condolences.

I hope my topic of a Brief Goodbye didn't give you any more grief.

Jord.

MMx4: stfu http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/smile.gif

Rags
8th May 2000, 17:59
Mega,

Rags, just **** off. If you missunderstand me, it's not my problem.
I didn't Misunderstand you. I read your post from every perspective that I possibly could, and still can't understand how it can be considered appropriate.

My posts are poorly phrased? So then do a post in German, please. I think that will be harder for you than english is for me.
I think she meant that your particular post making jocularity out of Swampy's post was in VERY POOR TASTE. If language is a barrier for you, then I suggest not to make posts in reply to a sensitive situation such as this, as you can be taken in the wrong view.

In fact I never saw any of you girls here, maybe because I'm mostly in the "technic" forums.
Sheesh, now it's getting better. First of all, Swampy has been here MUCH longer than you have, and I dare to say probably has a more thorough knowledge of computers than you or I. The majority of her posts are in the "technic forums", just do a search, and you will see. Holly, the moderator of this particular forum is no slouch, either, and is a regular of ALL forums.

And Rags, i hope your post isn't typical for you.
Hehehe, I saved the best for last; Now, why in the hell would you care if this a typical post for me or not. I will post in any manner I wish to. If I go over the line, I am sure that Ant, or a moderator will slap me back into line, but you sure as heck aren't going to dictate what or how I post. I made a judgment of your post, and I think I hit the nail on the head, you were way out of line.

Edit: Sorry Swampy

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 09 May 2000).]

slyfox
8th May 2000, 18:40
Now, now boys. I think we are getting alittle bit off topic here.

SwAmPlAdY,

My heart felt condolences goes out to you and your family.

slyfox

MegaManX4
9th May 2000, 16:50
Hmm? Did anyone said something? I can't figure out why you bother me, Rags.

Helevitia
10th May 2000, 13:41
SwAmPlAdY,

I am truely sorry about your loss and wish your future days to be filled with warmth and hapiness http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/smile.gif

Dave