marvel G200 & millenium 2 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marvel G200 & millenium 2 combo

Hey there. Any NT4 users with ideas? I have been running a G200 TV AGP with a mill. 2 PCI using the unified bios Powerdesk version 3.68. No video tools unfortunately with this driver. Some of you have had success using dual monitors and the newest video tools & and drivers in w98. i however, am on NT 4, sp6a. Anybody had success getting video tools to work with these two cards? Yes, I turned off the PnP Bios...

thanks everyone

Does NT4 support multiple video cards and monitors?
    I thought only 98 (and 2000?) do so.

Comment

Absolutely. NT4 has had multiple monitor support from *way* back, one of the reasons I chose it. Unfortunately I did not do as much research before i bought my Marvel g200... sigh.

Comment

Multi monitor support with the millineum cards under NT4 is one of their strong selling points (weakened by the rather poor OpenGL, but admittedly, millineums aren't workstation class cards anyways, its just I want it all! and I want it now :-).

There are some rough edges because at the application level no one knows you have two monitors -- dialog boxes with the center attribute pop up split between both monitors, for example. I'm under the impression that both cards have to be the same model under NT4, thus I wouldn't expect a G200 and Mill2 to play together unless a recent driver update has removed this restriction.

I'm hot to know the details of various Matrox cards multi-monitor support in windows 2000.

--wally.

Comment

I too am interested in w2000 matrox card mixes. I would like someone else to buy the OS and do the trial and error first though... (ha!) I was pleased when the unified bios driver for NT version 3.68 worked for the marvel G200 (no vid tools) as well as the mill 2. This led me to believe dual monitors with video tools using these two cards might just be possible...

Comment

Working...
          X