Favorite Foods and Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Foods and Recipes

Ok, maybe I'm just bored at work. Since this group is from all parts of the World/Universe this might be fun.

What are your favorite snacks/local recipes that you enjoy while drinking.

I'll start it off

Here's a good Salsa recipe -

Darth_Mahl[MU]'s Salsa

Three fresh ripe Roma tomatoes, a quarter to half a white onion, two to four fresh Jalepenos or(half a Habanero), a pinch of salt, a bit of lemon or lime juice and a handful of fresh Cilantro.

I just cut everything into small chunks (remove seeds from peppers), squeeze a little bit of the lime or lemon juice over everything, throw in the Cilantro(love that cilantro) and salt and chop with a hand powered Salsa Maker or food processor.
    This makes a nice bowlfull that will keep 2-4 people busy drinking for awhile

p.s. Thanks Helevitia, I'm now hooked on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

This is bound to end with cheese...

I enjoy salt cake very much (cut in little dice). The recipe is at home, unfortunatly. I'll try to copy it tonight.

------------------
    Corwin the Brute

Corwin the Brute

Comment

What kind of a sick freak eats cakes of salt?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

sorry

My dish of the mo consists of

1) one ASDA value tin of baked beans
        2) dark soy sauce
        3) papprika
        4) curry powder
        5) ASDA valuse 'chickn/turkey/offal/misc' nuggets
        6) one big white phone!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Ahh yes, Beans must be an International staple of poor students...LOL

I remember those days well... My room mates and I waiting for a big pot of pinto beans to finish cooking. Afterwards the windows were opened and no one was allowed to light anything (no open flames)...LOL

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Drinking snacks, er, hmmm.. Every now and again it's the salsa thing, if not just eating Jalepenos directly to see who makes a face, otherwise it's raid the fridge, end up doing things like cooking pork chops at 4 in the morning.

Comment

Cheese!

No really, my fav recipe is Chicken Cordon Blue... with real Hollandaise but lets not get into that... you have to see to make correctly
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ok Paddy, where does the big white phone fit in???

Paul

Comment

thanks paul!

So you have never spoken to God on the big white phone?

Not even after a few too many pints?

Comment

You mean the "Great White Porcelain God"...

Yes indeed, I've paid my share of homage over the years...LOL

Paul

Comment

ICE CREAM!!! My favorites are Bryer's Mint Chocolate Chip, Godiva's Ivory Milk Chocolate Chip and Edy's Dreamery Peanut Butter Cup. Mmmmmmm...I'm hungry now.

Jammrock

------------------
                      Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The guy on the other end of the big white phone's name is Ralph.

chuck
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Oh happy times

Comment

Oh happy times

Comment

Oh happy times

Comment

Working...
                              X