Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is NOT my day :-((

Today is NOT my day !!

I had a flat tire on my bike this morning.
    So I took the car to work, arriving 20 minutes late

In the afternoon I had to do some shopping, and in the middle of the town he car key broke off in the ignition. Couldn't lock the car, couldn't start the car again...

Waited 2.5 hours for the ANWB to help me out (they broke out the ignition, starting now goes with a screwdriver !! )

So I decided to go back to my flat by (repaired) bike... only to find my tire to blow out again some 300 meters before the flat!!

So I have no means of transportation to work tomorrow Oh well...

To top it off, some of the worst thunderstorms are presently converging above Oosterhout, to die out here... Releasing torrential rain etc. I am really glad I'm living on the 2nd floor (for the Americans amongst us, that's the second layer from the ground floor )...

Jord, waiting for the lightning to strike to really close the day
    When I chose to go out
    I always leave the light on
    when I have to stay in,
    you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
    now that I'm living on my own,
    and while they've never been more right,
    can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

The way I see it, you just got a free day off work! What's the matter!?!

So how did the move go?

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

The move went smooth, Dimi. Even with the high temps around here. Start of May and temps of 27 degrees Celsius? My God, what happened to Spring??

Jord.
      When I chose to go out
      I always leave the light on
      when I have to stay in,
      you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
      now that I'm living on my own,
      and while they've never been more right,
      can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Cheer up Jorden!
        Any time you get through a move smoothly you are way ahead.
        Pretty soon you will have collected up all the nails beween your new place & work, then no more problems
        chuck

PS Global Warming
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Glad everything (aside from the keys and tires... ) went well Jord.

With global warming, does that mean that your regular run of the mill OEM computers will begin to come with peltiers for standard cooling? hehe

Dimitri
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Hey Jord,

Most of us Americans do know what a 2nd floor is. As a matter of fact I live in a two-story house (that's a single family deweeling with a 2nd floor if you didn't know). And why are you being so hard on Americans lately?

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well the basement to my house is called a crawl space and all sorts of pest are under there.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

hey i live in a basement and im not a janit.... wait a min. i do all the maintenace on the house, trash, ect.. dam i am the janitor

i hate you
                msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I'm sorry Joel. Didn't mean to pick on Americans, but only tried to be a bit clearer. I think what I live in/on is the 3rd floor ??

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 09 May 2000).]
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

No worries Merchant! Roger Wilco was a janitor too and he kicked some serious ass!

Dimitri
                    --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X