Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Second Virus Attack today**

And another new attack for today...

Another virus, called "Very Funny.vbs" (with the subject line of "FW:JOKE") is expected to hit Microsoft Outlook users today. This virus is almost the same as yesterday's "LOVELETTER" virus. It attacks your global or personal address list (whichever one opens when you open your address book) and sends itself to the first names (up to 300, reportedly) it finds -- with your name as the sender.

Bottom line today: If you're looking for a smile today, don't count on this message to provide it. Delete it immediately.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

yet more bored school kids..
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It won't make it in here.
      Our Techs are still trying to get rid of the 117,000 copies of LOVELETTER that came in yesterday.
      Our E-Mail is still down.
      (oh, I mean )
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

At least my ISP is ok.

I got 6 copies of the email but without the attachment
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

For the LOVE of GOD!

WHO RUNS VB SCRIPTS! ARggggggg?!?!

Comment

In our case it was the head of networking!
            Certified & all. It came from a friend, he never even thought about it.
            chuck

PS His face was the strangest color of red that morning
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Alright, Hands up who would run a visual basic script without looking at it first?

Comment

Well I am sure there is a lesson in this somewhere?

Comment

Yeah, Paddy, there is... trying to idiot-proof the OS by removing user control (and therefore user knowledge and understanding of the system's operations) is a <u>really dumb idea</u>... especially when the OS's creators have very naive viewpoints about what work users actually want their OS to take off their hands!!

Read more of my annoyed little ranting in the Aaarrgghhh Virus! thread, if you like....

---------------------------
                  Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 06 May 2000).]

Comment

I'm with Dyre here. Why so many IT professionals fell for this is beyond me. Some, I'm sure, will claim it was because they got it from someone they knew and didn't think there was anything to be concerned about.

I think it was that "I love you" in the subject line. This was an act of evil genius. The script kiddie responsible for this may have a bright future in advertising.

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

You know if my Boss sent me "I love you" I would think it's very strange or if a college did I'd still think it's strange.
                      Still at the end of the you can't remove poeples stupidity it will always be there.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Still how long is it until some nice pratt writes a virus that goes and first attacks the most common virus checkers by corrupting there dat files. Sits in memory and kills any updated virus check files that our downloaded or kills of your internet connection.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm still waiting for the variant which instead of .jpgs or whatever, it attacks .exes and .dlls. God, even I could write that, make the subject 'FW: Read This it's really funny' or something and off we go again. I think Microsoft need to bring out a patch which unhides all extensions (why they did that is beyond me) and doesn't let you run scripts which touches your address book. Does anyone know a legit script which opens your address book? It's just stupid.

At least this has opened people's eyes more that Melissa did last year.

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
                          X