Personnel Firewalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personnel Firewalls

It's interesting to see how many times your computer gets scanned. I'm user zone alarms by the way. The thing is are the ip address's that you can't look up the dodgy ones. I've been scanned by Microsoft, Hotmail and Btinternet which is rather interesting. the thing is what do they want with my boring computer?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

What they want is your money.
    As if you didn't know!
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 02 May 2000).]
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'd love to know The PIT's real name, address, social security number for Chuck Jolley, his phone-number, girlfriend's phonenumber, mistress' phone number, her socail security number and her b-day, so we all could pay a social visit an strongly suggest against it, PIT's credit-card number so we can check if he pays for strange videocards, or software Glide only, etc.

I'm sorry, what was this about?? Ah ZA...

Don't worry TP, I'm hassled every minute orso and have to get rid of that 2Mb file every month

Jord.
        When I chose to go out
        I always leave the light on
        when I have to stay in,
        you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
        now that I'm living on my own,
        and while they've never been more right,
        can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Jord,
          My phone number and address are in the book in OKC under , guess what! , Chuck Jolley.
          My girl friend & mistress lives with me! Our 14th is tomorrow.
          Come to think of it, given where MURC is, it's today! How about that.
          chuck

Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Credit card I just use a shot gun for payment they never send me the bills after that.
            The Video card is a plain g400 single head with 32mb of ram. No room for a second monitor.
            It's unresolved Ip address's that interest me.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i use zone alarm and blackice.

what i find interesting is that black ice rates scans. and when playing on the ut game server, it scans my system and it rates a 59 1 point from the software traceing it back to its system. its probibly just the way ut servers work but why a 59 where other games ive played only rate a 35 /(a normal port scan)

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
              it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

<font size=6 font color="770077"> <center>Happy anniversary, Chuck!!!!</font></center>

I use ZA at home and Black Ice at work... I feel better protected with ZA but more knowledgeable with Black Ice.

I'm amazed, though, merchant2112-- I don't think I've ever even seen a level 35 alert, they're always 59 (and once we got a 79).

But aren't most of them adservers looking for cookies, with some hackers doing blind high-speed probes thrown in for variety's sake?

--------------------------
                Holly

Comment

Once I get broadband in me apartment I am opting for a LinkSYS Broadband router. It acts as a firewall and I don't have to pay $10 more a month for a second IP for my roomie.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The most frustrating thing I've found is trying to get the the ISP for the scanner involved. I keep getting scanned by the same IP from my own ISP but they refuse to do anything (privacy issues). Bullsh!t.

They also say because we have dynamic IPs they can't find out who it really is. Aren't there logs that detail which port you were logged into when? How does the FBI track 12 year-olds to Canada if this isn't the case? I've even mailed them my ZA log...

Another case of the invader having more rights than then invaded.

I wouldn't have any kind of broadband connection w/o a firewall.

Okay, I'm done ranting... for now.
                    PIII 550@605
                    IWill Motherboard VD133
                    VIA Chipset
                    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                    DirectX 8.0a
                    SB Live! Value
                    8x DVD (Toshiba)
                    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                    3Com CMX Cable Modem
                    Optiquest V95 19"
                    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                    Microtek flatbed scanner
                    Intellimouse Explorer
                    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Andy, do you by chance check for email every minute? If you do, there will be an IP probe showing in ZA's log. As the mail-server checks if you are who you claim to be

I've got a lot of sameish IP's with the last number changing with one odd or even. (i.e. 195.121.40.4 or 195.121.40.3) And checked them back to being checks from my email-server. If I disable email-checking every minute, then there are no probes

Congrats Chuck. I never meant to ask about your girlfriend and mistress, just all those details about The Pit for your info

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Party at Chuck's place!!! Congrats Chuck!!!

Back on to the subject at hand, I dumped one of mine after I got a 69, OH SHIT! Computers, right, my bad....

Dimitri who would put an embarrased happy face next to "my bad" if I hadn't lost the link to it. Help me out please mods?
                        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I use ZA at home. Very nice.
                          At work our fire wall is so thick I can't play quakeworld
                          I don't know what the Techs are using.

chuck
                          PS Thanks Holly, I hope to be saying the same thing to you.
                          PPS No prob Jorden. In fact I'll give you my card number... If you'll pay the balance

Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                          X