My toaster just stopped working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My toaster just stopped working!

I own a Matrox G200. My toaster just recently stopped toasting properly, it just won't eject the bread unless I manualy push the lever up. Which version of Matrox's drivers should I be using?

Hi Ho, Hi Ho
    It's off to the SoapBox we go...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Are you overclocking that toaster? Try clocking it down to spec and see if things improve. Make sure the bread is properly seated in the slot.

Please post your IRQ's.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

*sigh* <shaking head sadly>...No sense of humor over there in MHW...*sigh*...'nless you count that "Hi Ho, Hi Ho" thing...

Not really a cheeeeezy kinda place, y'know?

You're probably better off here anyway, Jon....

<center> <font size=6>MUHWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!</FONT> </center>

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 25 April 2000).]
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

also you better flash to the old bios, turn off read around write, and get rid of that damn Via chipset

Comment

Is the Toaster properly plugged in? And are you using bread with a stanadrd or Texas Toast interface? Mixing the two can cause toasting conflicts

Also, what kind of butter are you using?

------------------
            This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

strike, punch, bash, hit, whack, thrash, flail, kick, buffet, boot, belt, Defenestrate & thump that toaster. show that toaster who's boss. if it feels good do it...um, i'll go sit down now.
              cheers.

------------------
              Aopen HX08 full tower case, Asus P3V4X bios 1.03, P!!! FC-PGA 550e @733, 160M pc100 sdram, Matrox G400MAX bios 1.4 PDesk 5.52.015, Seagate 28.5G Ultra ATA66 7200rpm HD, Pioneer 103s DVD 6X/32X drive, SB AWE64 Gold ISA sound card, SMC pci ethernet adaptor, Castlewood Orb 2.2G media drive, Nortel 100 cable modem, Mitsubishi 1995 19in monitor, occasionally use dualhead for dvd on a Sony 80cm Wega TV, MS natural keyboard, MS Intellimouse Explorer,
              Win98SE 4.10.2222A, DX7a.

Aopen HX08 full tower case, Asus P3V4X bios 1.04beta, P!!! FC-PGA 550e @770, Swiftech MC370-3 peltier cooler 256M PC133 Crucial 7E SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX bios 1.4 PDesk 5.52.015, Seagate 28.5G Ultra ATA66 7200rpm HD, Pioneer 103s DVD 6X/32X drive, SB AWE64 Gold ISA sound card, SMC pci ethernet adaptor, Castlewood Orb 2.2G media drive, Nortel 100 cable modem, Mitsubishi 1995 19in monitor, occasionally use dualhead for dvd on a Sony 80cm Wega TV, MS natural keyboard, MS Intellimouse Explorer,
              Win98SE 4.10.2222A, DX7a.

Comment

Sorry that noone's been of help, Jon.

FORMAT and START AGAIN of course!

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

jon, did you use a spread sheet on the bread before or after the warm up period? if it was before the toaster may be jammed. it's a rare problem but useing spread sheets before the chips are burned in and removed from the toaster cuase shorts in the unnits heat elements. you may need a anti jaming device (fork) to remove the jamed chips but unplug the toaster first or you could burn out the whole unit (if its not to late.
                  msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                  it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I'm sick of these God-awful toaster chipsets! It seems the the problem is that it can't handle buttermastering properly with Matrox cards and wheat bread. :-(

If I disable hardware acceleration it'll eject the bread fine, but then only one side toasts.

Ahah! After looking closer at the IRQ list, I noticed it was sharing 9 with my Microwave. I moved the oven to a different AKP (Advanced Kitchen port) slot and got it onto it's own IRQ. Now everything's working great!

Here's the IRQ list:

0 System timer
                    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
                    2 Programmable interrupt controller
                    3 (free)
                    4 Communications Port (COM1)
                    5 SMC EZ Card PCI 10 Adapter
                    5 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
                    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
                    7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
                    8 System CMOS/real time clock
                    9 Microwave Oven Controller
                    9 Primary Toaster Interface #01
                    9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
                    10 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
                    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
                    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
                    11 Matrox Millennium G200 AGP - English
                    12 Creative SB Live!
                    12 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
                    13 Numeric data processor
                    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
                    14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
                    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
                    15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

[This message has been edited by Jon P. Inghram (edited 26 April 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                    X