Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messiest desk contest part 2 (unless of course I missed it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messiest desk contest part 2 (unless of course I missed it)

I really like the contest befoer so I'm starting it again. So here is the first pic in the series. I wonder if anyone has the originals?

and here is another image of the cables although the picture doesn't do it justice.

Dave

------------------
    I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Notice the empty wastepaper basket, a classic sign of a messy desk.

Comment

BWAHAHAHA!!!This is GREAT!!! And of course Hunsow is the first to show up...LOL

I brought the contest from last October to the top at Matrox Hardware. Hopefully Kruzin or Holly can move it to the Soap Box for reference.

I'll have to take some pics of my office(under construction) at my new house but I don't think Hunsow will like it as much as my old desk

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

OK, we have all seen this competition b4,BUT how about this time the pictures are captioned to explain what is where on the desk any why. Anyone can throw a bunch of crap on their desk to mess it up, in fact someone could win by dropping thier system in a garbage heap and snapping a picture if we dont lay down a rule or 2. So how about it? Caption the pics a bit?

-Dil....
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I don't have a chance to win, so no pic. I just wanted to say a couple of things...

1) I just about peed my pants looking at those desks in the original thread

2) Helevitia, that's not a mess - but you get points for the bottle of Sierra Nevada on your desk. Any Miller product would've had you busted back down to mini-murcer...
          PIII 550@605
          IWill Motherboard VD133
          VIA Chipset
          512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
          G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
          DirectX 8.0a
          SB Live! Value
          8x DVD (Toshiba)
          6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
          Intel Pro/100+ NIC
          3Com CMX Cable Modem
          Optiquest V95 19"
          HP 812C Color Ink Jet
          Microtek flatbed scanner
          Intellimouse Explorer
          Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
          AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

OK, so maybe it wont win the messiest desk contest in this thread, but bring on the pics!

And for my caption:

The pile of junk in front of the monitor is my paycheck, warranty cards, etc...The pile of junk in front of my scanner is important mail and bills and stuff I need to file. The two peices of mail next to my mouse are today's(yesterday's) mail. Notice the remote to the left. The TV is also to the left for easy viewing The only other thing I'll mention is the cables pic. Notice how I have dual hookups on both my monitor and my G400.

ahartman, I couldn't live without Sierra. There is no better beer on this planet. I occasionally drink a Hefeweizen and some others but I find myself craving Sierra.

Dave

------------------
            I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well of course there are warranty cards there. Get more money reselling your used hardware with them cause you frequently upgrade. Boxes too...I got lots of boxes....too bad a bunch of them were not laying around.

Is the mail to be sorted? If sorted already, it does not qualify for Messy Desk Award according to Sanctioned Messy Desk rules. The pile to be filed does though, and you get extra points toward procrastination.

As for the beer, it qualifies you for the "James Bond Movie" bonus points for product endorsement. You don't get full points though as the label is not fully visible. Only those familiar with that brand can ID it, a novice might not. If only that bottle were turned a little more...

The paycheck being there tips us off that you are financially secure and do not need to cash or deposit as soon as you get it. Therefore any cash award you may be eligible for will be reduced in proportionate amounts. Too bad it wasn't a car title or something like that.

As far as the cables go they are not visible enough to qualify for full marks, and really could be knotted around a little better. It actually looks like organization was intended but fatigue set in and the remaining job was boched. Extra points here for that.

The remotes and keys qualify as they really don't belong there. Sanctioned Messy Desk rules state that "any computer related item belongs on or near the desk, but any unrelated items get double points."

You have a bit to learn, Helevitia, but with practice and some study of some professionals, you could really aspire to the coveted Messy Desk Award.

Good luck and keep trying.
              ---------------------------------------------
              I'd post mine but it does not qualify cause it was just organized last Saturday. I'd post my wife's (it's newsletter time!) but she already threatened me with bodily harm if I brought any kind of image recording device into the room.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 04 April 2000).]
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

Is that a printer I see on the lower right hand shelf? If it is I think you get extra points for that. When you put your printer at some obscure inconvenient place in order to make room for the mess that really shows dedication.
                Primary System:
                MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                Seccondary System:
                Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                Tertiary system
                Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Wow, I must be slipping HedsSpaz, completely missed that one!
                  Matrox P
                  LianLiPC70

Comment

Yeah, but HedSpaz, you forget that the printer is probably on a slide-out printer shelf or some such... which really should lose points, if true (and why else would it be down there, otherwise?)

'Scuse me while I compare my last year's pictures to see if the same 'ol desk got messier (probably)...

---------------------
                    Holly

Comment

For your amusement, I kinda run out of desk!

Maybe not a winner but good for a laugh anyway.
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Naaaah Taz, that's not messy... Maybe you can go for category B? The messiest under the desk mess??

What is it you got stuffed under that tiny desk?? I might even wonder how you sit at it

Jord.
                        When I chose to go out
                        I always leave the light on
                        when I have to stay in,
                        you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
                        now that I'm living on my own,
                        and while they've never been more right,
                        can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Hold your horses everyone. I'll get my pics this weekend I hope.... Truly an experience to see my place (actually my dad's by I have just as much junk as him).... hehe

Dimitri
                          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Helevitia, I don't get it. Where is the mess?

Oh, I get it, its a joke, right?
                            Matrox P
                            LianLiPC70

Comment

This is for my buddy Hunsow

Remember my desk from the apartment last year

The secret Taz, is to go verticle (get shelves)

Now, I guess I'm out of the running for messiest desk.
                              Since we got our house I've slowly been working on a dedicated Computer room.

So, for now I'm out of contest. Just give me time I'll be BACK!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X