Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Register

http://www.theregister.co.uk/000420-000021.html

[the USA]...has achieved the distinction of maintining the world's largest polulation of citizens locked up in cages.
    If they're gonna try to make fun of us they should at least learn how to spell. I can't believe how sloppy those British journalists can be.

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 22 April 2000).]

Oi don't slag us Brits off. Remember we invented english you've just copied it poorly.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

the pit: ROFL that's a good one.. but on the side note, americans use the 'eclectic' version of english to serve the needs of the 'melting pot' society

don't quote me on this.. i am just an immigrant here
      Glarec
      ------
      bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

The Register - ah, that bastion of journalistic integrity... NOT.

I find it amusing that easily 50% of everything reported by the Register is wild conjecture, coupled with outright lies.

And they CLAIM to be a good paper.

*sigh*

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, but at least they're funny...
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The PIT: LOL

I must admit they're the one of the more amusing sites out there. I need to hop over there and see what they're saying about Janet Waco and Elian...

Comment

If we now have a secret police force that ranks with the Gestapo and KGB for ruthless use of unnecessary force, why don't we just go all the way with this and shoot all those people we are locking up? Maybe use a gas chamber for increased efficiency?

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I think forced labor sounds better than executing them. We can send them to Canada so they can get to work right away on the G450s and G800s so Matrox doesn't have a supply problem like the G400MAX. The Register doesn't have anything up about Janet Waco yet except for the Mafiaboy thing, but did anyone see that crap about the SETI radio telescope that the aliens destroyed?

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 23 April 2000).]

Comment

Just been digging around and found an old document listing the copywrite of the English.
                  It reads the English language is for the sole use of England and the common wealth countries. This means there is a charge for every word spoken by anyone who is not a member of the common wealth.
                  This makes us potentially the richest country in the world. At the moment our lawyers are trying to calculate the average amount of english spoken by the americans (From 1783) up to this date. So far we are at a 10 byte value and increasing rapidly. We expect your President is going to have cramp, for another reason, when he writes this cheque.
                  The French and the Spanish are also looking into this matter and will be contacting Mr Clinton shortly.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The PIT: And once the US calculates the interest the Brits owe the US for WWII debts it should all even out!

Jammrock

PS - I don't speak English, I speak American.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Nah you only talking about a few years we're talking centuries here mate. Anyway when your arguing about it in the court, you still be racking up the bill and them lawyers love talking jargon.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you just say its going to court? The USA has the most cut throat lawyers in the world! Taking it to court would not be a wise thing. Plus, the USA could argue that we don't speak English, which we don't, we speak American-English, which is different

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

When the aliens come to get us I don't think we'll be too concerned about who owes money. If you have a machine running SETI you better hide it quick!

Comment

To Compton:

Sending them here in Canada wouldn't be great, knowing our efficiency dealing with criminals...they would probably ask for refugee status and get it...
                            Athlon64 4800+
                            Asus A8N deluxe
                            2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                            eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                            X-Fi Fatality
                            HP w2207

Comment

* Gurm's War Rant Expurgated *

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 25 April 2000).]
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X