New members check here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members check here

Seeing the steady rise of the amount of new members every day, I wonder who's welcoming them

And who they are...

So, if you're one of the make yourself known

How about a sub-forum in TSB for new members, Holly?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Errrrr.... why, Jord? And what would the sub-forum consist of?

Afaik, new members most likely go to MHW first... because most people come here having discovered a problem they can't solve involving their Matrox cards.

I personally feel that the best welcome we can give people is a fast resolution to their problem (as if we know what we're doing, or something ), or at the least knowledge and hope.

When I found the MURC trying to get my G200 to run properly, I didn't know OGL from D3D, and I certainly didn't know what an ICD was, or why I cared about it. At that time, there wasn't a solution to my problems--- but there <u>were</U> people who could at least explain what my problem was, offer what workarounds there were, and growl and stamp with me when I couldn't take it anymore.

In the PC world when so much TS is complete useless bull, competent user-to-user Tech Support is worth more to me in cold, hard value than all the "Welcome! " wagons in the world.

When people get their technical issues solved, and suddenly realize that they've made some 5000 friends as well, I'll be right here, sweetie. But it's unlikely that they'll be "new members" by that time, even if still "mini-MURCers".

Actually, a "New Members" area is a bit more useful on the FFF, since many people new to forum-surfing in general look for the FAQ to give them a bit of confidence.

Besides, Jord, you're so much more polite and kind-hearted than me, better for you to welcome newcomers in any case (as you have done here...)

-----------------
    Holly

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 15 April 2000).]
    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Okay Holly, point taken...

But I see little mini's go to the FAQs, but maybe that's because their specific question isn't answered there

In the mean time I'll try to be as "polite and kind-hearted" ... taking that as a compliment as well (I don't get many these days )

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 15 April 2000).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I feel much more at home now, Thanks guys!
        Keep on smilin' Jord!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Meep.
          Umh.. Hi. *blush*

Do I need to tell something about myself? I've beenusing Matrox cards for quite a while now. I think my first one was Millennium II or something like that. At the moment I have Productiva G100 paired with Voodoo 2 in my P2/266 and a G400Max waiting for the new Athlon MoBo to arrive (that's the last component I'm missing from my new rig).
          I found MURC when I was doing a little research for my new system which, I hope, will be operational in a little while. I was first considering GeForce but found out about G400 and the DualHead really hooked me. Why spend $600 for a decent 19" monitor when I can keep my old average quality 17" and buy a 17" flat Sony Trinitron and double my desktop size?
          (0,1) Just my two bits.

Comment

gleetings fellow earthlings
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Working...
            X