Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost 3rd week in April, still no Windows 2000 for me! (thanks to Matrox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 3rd week in April, still no Windows 2000 for me! (thanks to Matrox)

Damn you Matrox. I would have hoped that those few months after Win2k went RTM but before it was on store shelves you would have had enough time to create COMPLETE WORKING win2k g400 drivers, but I guess not.

I *SPIT* on you, Matrox.

(p.s. - No, I'm not going to use Win2k right now with excruciatingly painful 75hz refresh rate that kills my eyes.)

• Box 2:
    • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
    • memory: 32 MB
    • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

Soap Box fodder for sure....so that's where it's going...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I ask for this thread to be deleted in total!!!

As Kruzin should've done so already, or locked it totally... For this will give us all an incentive to BBQ the hell out of Mr. Cold, prolly making him warmer than we want to

....with excruciatingly painful 75hz refresh rate that kills my eyes
      Anything else will kill your eyes, so why bother? Why not downgrade to Win98 or a 14" monitor at 640x480x16 colours, which seems suitable for you?

Jeeesh, he has a good card, he doesn't want 192fps in a FPS game and still he finds something to nag about...

Kill him, girls!

Jord.

------------------
      When I chose to go out
      I always leave the light on
      when I have to stay in,
      you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
      now that I'm living on my own,
      and while they've never been more right,
      can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.
      When I chose to go out
      when I have to stay in,

Comment

Now, now, Jorden, let's not be hasty here...

Mr. Cold has apparently forgotten that
        <center><font size=6 font color="red">THE MURC IS NOT MATROX GRAPHICS, INC.!!!</FONT></CENTER>

He also seems to have forgotten his last encounter with us... well, not <u>all</u> of it, at least his pointless and disgusting post is not full of profanity this time. Of course, he makes up for that with some rather vile imagery.

Personally, I'd say we're overdue for a rousing game of "mouse volleyball" (not PC mice-- some of my fellow cat companions will surely know what I mean), and someone expressing such unsavory sentiments as the above (no matter what his "justification") seems to be the perfect candidate for the mouse.

Or, we could just ignore this stupid POS.

Up to you, MURCers.

You have a day or so, or until somebody crosses the line--- you all know where the line is, right? If you don't, read the FAQ and/or keep quiet.

Love ya, kids!

------------------------
        Holly "I'm a b*tch, not a tyrant!" Berri
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

As if he ever reads this again
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hehe, *SPIT* on the Matrox card, put your tongue on it and see if it feels better. Don't forget to leave your system running while doing this, then we will all enjoy it better

Comment

This is the best advice we can give someone like you.

dj
              My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
              128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

ROCHL DJ

Jordâ„¢

Comment

/me spits on Mr. Cold for having parents too dumb to understand the directions on the condom box. Don't blame Matrox for the fact that you have an IQ that happens to be less than the amount of socks I have on.

The Rock
                  Bart

Comment

Oh!!No!! My dog just ran off with one of my socks.....

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

djroberts, nice one!!! Air-brush posting, would make a great t-shirt.
                      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                      Matrox P
                      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                      LianLiPC70

Comment

I'll never understand posts like this. A friend of mine recently decided to upgrade from Pentium 90(!) (she obviously isn't on the "bleeding edge"), and to build the system entirely by herself, which she had never done before. I recommended some components, including a G400. She put it all together, installed Win2K with no problems, and absolutely loves it. She says that it was not much of a challenge, and what's this about overclocking, and should she try it. Granted, she's pretty bright..........

Comment

Mr. Cold,

Exactly where (desktop, OGL, D3D, etc) and what resolution are you having the problem with a 75 Hz refresh rate?

You can simply set the desktop refresh rate in Display Properties, with the exception of 1152x864 -- in that resolution the Win2k drivers for a reason unknown to me won't allow anything higher than 75Hz. (It has 85 Hz at 1200x1024 though.)
                          I've read somewhere that 1152x864's only standard VESA timing is 75 Hz. The Win9x drivers can still run it at 85Hz just fine. In Win2k you can install the latest version of PowerStrip (www.entechtaiwan.com I believe) as it is now able to force a 85 Hz refresh rate in 1152x864 with the G400 Win2k drivers.

The DirectX refresh rate (which applies to both 2D DirectVideo and Direct3D games) can be set in DXDIAG's More Help page (Start-Run-dxdiag) or in the DirectX control panel applet if you have it installed.

In Quake3 (OGL) you can control the refresh rate with a console variable, create a file called "autoexec.cfg" in your Quake3\baseq3 folder, then put the following line in it:
                          seta r_displayRefresh "85"

Granted all this is a lot more hassle than it is in Win98 where all you have to do is install your monitor's INF file correctly and everything automatically uses the highest optimal refresh rate available.

Speaking of spitting, the fond memories of Monkey Island 2 came to my mind. Remember the spitting contest? Or was it in MI1?

Comment

MI1, I think, fds... though amazingly I don't remember that nearly as vividly as the "Spitting Door Chime Puzzle" in The NeverHood (which prolly I alone played, right? It was a big deal at the time, Dreamworks' first game, animated in clay--or Klay)... It was lots of fun watching Klaymen take a drink and spit it into the pitchpipes to change the tone... at least it was the first 4 times... but given that the correct solve took some 15 or 20 spits (not counting any testing you might have done for tone), and a mistake meant dumping all the water and starting all over again....

Another example of an innovative puzzle not completely thought out....(the most annoying kind, no?)

-------------------------
                            Holly

Comment

Wasn't there some spitting involved in Discworld as well??
                              When I chose to go out
                              when I have to stay in,

Comment

Working...
                              X