Goldfish Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldfish Bowl

My girlfriend is always moaning about my PC sounding like a fish tank. Anyone know of a good fishy GL screensaver out there i can use to shut her up?

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I could think of other ways of shutting her up, but that would leave you offline and exhausted ...
    When I chose to go out
    I always leave the light on
    when I have to stay in,
    you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
    now that I'm living on my own,
    and while they've never been more right,
    can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

we couldn't have that now could we!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

what os are you running? I know that win98 has those themes and one of them is called "underwater" or something like that and the screensaver is fishies swimming.. well...underwater!!

------------------
        Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
        Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

Why not get one these monitors that have been made into an Aquarium?
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Two years ago i downloaded Hewlett Packards MOPyfish. You have to feed the fish everiday or it dies. You earn points everytime you print something. (cant remember if it worked with HP printers only) When you reach a lot of points, you can "purchase" accesories for your acuarium. (Even another fish... just in case the first feels lonely )
            www.hp.com/go/fish

Comment

LOL, what is wrong with you machine?! Are you running water cooling? As thats the only way i can image a PC sounding like a fish tank. LOL

Comment

I've heard PC's being accused of sounding like many things... but an aquarium?? What, does it bubble or something?

I know it's been a long time since I had fish, but I can't imagine what PC components might sound like an aquarium pump (about all that makes noise in an aquarium, isn't it?)

Anyways, you could try these, says Link!Zilla...

Tetra Virtual Aquarium
                The Virtual Aquarium
                eToons Virtual Aquarium
                Virtual Aquarium Cams

Wasn't there some software along the lines of Catz and Dogz et. al. that allowed you to have virtual fish?

Good luck to ya, Patrick... I'm personally wondering if you shouldn't get as far away from your strange mutant machine as possible....

Oh, btw, that Win98 screensaver does have water bubbling and 'gloop'-ing sounds... it's actually kinda nice.

--------------------
                Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 12 April 2000).]

Comment

Yeh! The mains water supply flows through my PC to reduce the ambient temperature to around 25'C.

My latest generation chipset requires it or it will generate a scene reminiscent of Volcano.

(I never have the case on, and i suppose it does sound like a fish tank. The humming of a pump not the bubbleing...)

PAtrick

Comment

Working...
                  X