Rendering time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering time?

hey all...just wondering how long it takes you guys to render a ...let's say 2 minute file in premiere. i thought the compression would be faster cause the hardware and stuff...but it took about 18 minutes...whereas when i outputted with picvideo...it took about 12...just wondering if maybe this is a prob from my
    WARNING: SPD NOT FOUND AT DIMM(s) 1 2 3 4
    problem.
    Oh yeah..this is outputting 704x480 30fps.

And is it supposed to be any faster on ulead? and i'm not talking about rendering for previews but for exporting. Thanks

Hi Elurew. I'm using Ulead 5.2 I have no comparison between Premiere.Rendering time seems to depend on the number and type of effects/transitions used.A simple cuts only renders faster than real time.I have created 40 sec intros with many filters,effects,transitions and overlays that have taken 20 minutes.eg. 10 video overlays,graphics and speed changes to several clips.
    I'm using a pIII 500 128mg 2 13g harddrives
    When we strive for excellence the renders take longer.
    smitty

Comment

Hi Elurew,
      The SPD not found message means that the BIOS did not find the parameters for the setup of your SDRAM modules. Normally this info is stored on each module in a small EEPROM and gives the system the info about the speed of your memory. However, some modules do not have this EEPROM, or they have not been correctly programmed. Then the BIOS of your PC will say that it did not find the SPD info and will use default parameters for your RAM. It will work perfeclty well but probably a bit slower than it might, because the BIOS will then use very conservative parameters. By the way, SPD stands for Serial Presence Detect. What does it mean exactly????
      Michka
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Your SPD error apairently is a known problem with the MoBo, when a 4XAGP card is used in it.

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
        X