No announcement yet.

....have you been playing too much UT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....have you been playing too much UT?

Found this at Trainwreckers http://members.xoom.com/Trainwrecker/

"A man who disregarded meals and went without sleep for several nights to play computer games died of heart failure yesterday, the South China Morning Post is reporting. Kim Kwang-su, 37, had been playing the game One Thousand Years non-stop for 17 hours before his death in Pusan, South Korea. Police said his death was believed to have been stress-related, and brought on at the hand of his gaming addiction. Officers, citing employees of the computer games room Kim owned, said he often played the title from 4:00 p.m., when his shift ended, until 9:00 a.m. the following day, when his next shift would start. He often refused meals and went without adequate sleep in the three months before his death, they said.
    South Korea has seen computer game shops, called PC rooms, prosper over the past year, with 13,000 opening for business, and professional gamers emerging as new social idols. Interest in computer entertainment has resulted in other tragedies. Last month, a seven-month-old child left at home alone died in an accident while his parents played Starship at a games room in Seoul."

Wow. And I thought a couple of hours of TFC was over-doing it!

John

[This message has been edited by Johnny Ray (edited 18 March 2000).]

We have two choices now:

1.) a monent of silence for the man

or

2.) we can forget about him and go play UT...

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

OK, I'm not quite that bad. Just the other night I broke away from UT long enough to get some dinner. And I'm getting too doggone old to go without sleep.

Comment

And out of which Tabloid magazine did they pull that piece of bullshit. Just another group of people trying to blame the gaming industry for the ills of their society.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I can tell that I've been playing too much UT. The other day, I found myself shooting an imaginary flak cannon at someone who suprised me in the hallway.

Comment

Working...
          X