Life isn't fair!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life isn't fair!!!

So here's the deal, one of my best friends who lives down the hall from me in my dorm just got himself a new computer. He's as much of a geek as I am and he also values the important parts of a computer. Among these things we all here on the MURC know is image quality. So, between the reviews and my suggestions he went with a G400DH.
    So, all of the parts arrived today, I nice shiney new Athlon 650, 128mb RAM, 20.5gb hd, and his G400. So, of course the first thing we did once we got windows up and running was install UT.
    LIFE ISN'T FAIR !!!
    It makes me with my G200 feel inadequate! I don't think I can even bare to play UT on my compter anymore. I just hope that the G200 isn't so limited that it still can't do anything once I get my Athlon. I don't really want to spend the cash at the moment to get a G400 cause I'm trying to save for a car, but DAMN!!!!! that picture looks nice on his computer.

Ok, thats all the ranting I'm going to do.
    But as a warning to all G200 users, if you haven't seen what the G400 can do, you may not want to, you may just end up spending money that you probably shouldn't be spending.

Ian
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

yeah, but just think, after you get that new car you can get a shiny new G800(after you've saved for it of course) and your buddy will be the envy of yoiu

Dave
    (hoping to cheer you up)

------------------
    I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've gotta agree, Ian... I love(d) my G200 (had to give it to my roommate) and was completely prepared to just skip the G400.

Then Jorden booted up SiN for me... suddenly, Blade's hand and weapon were actually in 3D, and I was sold...

Is your birthday coming? Or some other major gift-giving occasion? Maybe you can put a word into the ears of your friends and family as to what you want for a gift...!

-----------------------
      Holly

Comment

Heh, I wish my birthday were coming soon, but it's not for another 4 months. And to make matters worse, I don't think I can even afford to buy one myself after today (there goes my car for another month as well). I spoke to the guy who's doing my taxes today. Because the company I'm working for tends to cut corners where they can, I'm being payed as a contractor, which means that I'm "self employed" and no taxes get taken out. And due to a huge mess trying to figure out whether or not I am still dependent on my mom(or whether or not I even can be since I'm self employed) I'm going to have to pay nearly 1000$ in taxes even though I only made just over 7000 last year. And I had to pay all of my college tuition myself, and my car insurance, and my books for school, and gas to get to work, and... well, you get the picture. Needless to say I am NOT pleased.

So, it looks like I may be forced into waiting for the G450 or something anyway. Not that that is a bad thing, I would rather have the next gen Matrox card, whatever it may be, but obviously that can't happen right NOW, and right NOW is when I want it.

Oh well, I'll just have to content my self with taking over my friends computer on a regular basis. Heh heh, won't he be pleased.

And now I'm off to do homework. Bleh. Sigh, if it isn't one thing it's another.

Later
        Ian

[This message has been edited by HedsSpaz (edited 05 April 2000).]
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
        X