Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aid requiered

Hi there,

I need some "Did you knew that ?" chemistry related links.

Don't know how good that translates into English but I need it for something my chemistry teacher likes to call a portfolio, wich beside that includes an essay and some other things she thought of, things that were ment to kill some time till the Easter Holiday.

Searched the net, but altavista throws at me as much love poems, that I don't know whether to puke or grab a bottle of scotch and drink myself to sleep (thanks DuRaNgO, that night I couldn't find something good, but now I have the stuff ).

Andrei,

I'm having a little problem understanding exactly what it is you want, but if it's links to chemistry-related sites, here's the American Chemical Society:

www.acs.org

Look around there. Hope this helps.

John

Comment

Actually, I think he's looking for the "Ripley's 'Believe It or Not!'" of chemistry (or to put it another way, "strange or little-known chemical facts")-- but I don't know any, sorry

---------------
      Holly

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up for them Holly that's exactly what I'm looking for. I still couldn't find any though
        I've reached the stage where I'm looking through newspapers and books for something like that, but still no luck.

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 02 April 2000).]

Comment

http://www.chemistry.net/
          When I chose to go out
          I always leave the light on
          when I have to stay in,
          you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
          now that I'm living on my own,
          and while they've never been more right,
          can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Thanks Jord, at least now I know that:

"DNA can be represented in a variety of ways, which can provide different visual perspectives of molecular structure.

DNA can also be aurally represented when a correspondence is created between the bases and musical notes, as seen in Dr. David Deamer's earlier work DNA Suite (1983).

This Musical Atlas presents an aural representation of the B-DNA molecules without mismatches, drugs, or modifiers that were contained in the NDB as of July 25, 1996.

This atlas follows a newly created pattern. For each structure, there is a "Plain Melody," which follows a simple algorithm to highlight the structure's sequence, and a "Composition," which follows a more complicated algorithm that features the base pairing of the structure.

These algorithms contain rules for determining the meter and rhythm for each piece....."

see more
            --------------------------------------------

At least now I know how a B-DNA with mismatches sounds like

<embed src="http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu/NDB/archives/MusicAtlas/sound/BDLB41.mid"align="baseline" border="0" width="128" height="128">

Want more ? check the NDB Musical Atlas

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 03 April 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X