Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Tools, Windows 2000, =(

Video Tools For Windows 2000?
    On checking my inbox this week so far reveals a total of 43 emails asking if I know when or even if video tools for Windows
    2000 will be released. I asked Matrox this same question for all of you Marvel/Rainbow Runner-G owners but unfortunately all they could tell me was that there was no ETA for the Windows 2000 video tools at this time. Sorry folks, I tried...

I know this will sound like i am just bitching, but please hear me out.

No ETA. betas or anything? This is very strange. No betas, no anything. Is Matrox even trying? Are they even aware? I am no programming expert, although i do program, but i dont see any reason why porting NT4 vid tools to win2k would be such a problem. Windows 2000 is a stable enviroment, allowing extremely stable video editing and playback, better than any 9x OS. If anything,the NT enviroment is much more professional than the 9x ones. Why would Windows 98 be more supported than NT???

I HAD to format my drive the other week to run win98. WHY? becuase Matrox still has not made windows 2000 vidtools! I had to make a video at school, and seeing how that schools are horibly underfunded i decided to use my matrox card beacuse of previos videos quality.

i LOVE my matrox card. But it is a worthless piece of crap if it does not have the software.

STOP ME FROM BUYING A DIFFERENT CARD!!
    (Eggplant, perpindicular corn flake)

Relocated to the Soap Box forum.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yes, it really shouldn't be a problem... Visit the Desktop Video Forum. Some guys did get the WinNT4 VideoTools work under W2K.
      What is the problem with Matrox??? It can be very easy if even we can do it with a little workaround!

BTW Matrox is still the best graphics-board developer to date... but you should kick some major ass in your driver development section!

------------------
      this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
      ----------------------------
      Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) (1835-1910), American Writer

Comment

Working...
      X