April Fools !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fools !

What a great day! Think I'll start off by telling my wife I am really gay and have been just playing the role for the last 14 years... Then its off to town....

Time to dust off that old Robin Trower record, "The Fool and Me."
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Just curious... is the practice of fooling someone (or playing a prank on them) on April 1st a global custom, or just here (in America, and possibly parts of Western Europe)?

I love this place... people from every part of the world available to satisfy my curiosity....!

----------------
      Holly

Comment

I think the biggest joke is Philip Scofield's birthday!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Holly,

It's hardly a global custom while western calendar isn't adopted globally.

:
          B

Comment

I think most places that are previously British colonies "celebrates" April's Fools Day.

I know Malaysia does.

My high-school classmates and I once tricked our English (as in the language, not the nationality) teacher that an old friend needs to see him at the teachers' conference room (at the other end of school's compound).

We sent in a school prefect (aka "hall monitor"?) to relay the English teacher the message. He (the teacher) was skeptical but went anyway. Whilst he was away, we shut the door to our classroom and kept quiet (giving the impression that the entire room is empty and the class has left).

Well, when he got back and found the &quot;empty&quot; room, he was furious. He kicked the door and <em>almost</em> swore.

His face was red with embarassment and anger when we finally let him in.

Aaaahh... Memories.

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Sure we do have April Foolsday, called otherwise in Dutch ofcourse (just 1 April!!), and it's the best day to stay in bed

I was at least very surprised as I got up and there was this package lying on my keyboard with a brandnew Seagate 9.1Gb hdd in it, a working one as well. Sticking with this dealer, as it was only Thursday that I sent the defunct one to him They're fast!!

So you guys may fool me into anything today... The smile will stay on

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Keep on smilin' Jord!
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Check <url=http://4fools.4anything.com/network-frame/0,1855,3523:69172,00.html>this</url> out for all your aprill fools day fun!

cant get the link to work:
                  key this in
                  http://4fools.4anything.com/network-...:69172,00.html

[This message has been edited by Paddy [MU] (edited 01 April 2000).]

Comment

Great link, Paddy [MU]! Non-fatal viruses.
                    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                    Matrox P
                    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                    LianLiPC70

Comment

They have April Fools here in Korea too. Although no one really "fools" anyone here.

By the way, do you think my Gf should go see a doctor first? Or hey Gyn first?
                      I want to deal with her chronic fatigue first.
                      McRhea

Comment

April fools day is practiced here in Denmark as well. One of my favorite stories of April fools day is one that was played one the listeners (at that time almost the whole country) of our national radio station.

First, I must tell you that about 15 years ago seismologists believed that there was a chance that oil or natural gas could be extracted from the underground near a small Danish town in the southern part of Jutland called Vojens. This rumor had been going around for some time, when the radio news announced on April 1st. that they had struck oil, and that J.R. (actor Larry Hagman from 80's TV-series Dallas) would come to Vojens to oversee the work and maybe get involved with the project himself.
                        As it turned out people came traveling from all parts of the country to get a glimpse of the great J.R., who was (of course) not present at the non-existing oil site.

I just love that story. Really shows how gullable people can be.

Regards,

Jake
                        Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
                        ----------------------
                        Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Working...
                        X