MPEG Layer 3 codec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG Layer 3 codec

I used to have the MPEG Layer 3 codec(advanced) installed in the Audio Compression Codecs in Windows Multimedia properties. I recently formatted my computer and now I can't find anyplace to get it. All my MP3 programs(encoders, players) either use a plugin or have it internally. Where the heck can I just download it? I need it so that I can save WAVs using MP3 compression in Wave Studio. I'm thinking it may have been installed with Sound Blaster Live Value, but after reformatting I used the Liveware 3 update instead of installing Liveware 1 first. I'd rather not uninstall Liveware 3, install Liveware 1, uninstall Liveware 1, and then reinstall Liveware 3. But if I have to...

Thanks,
    Thien

[This message has been edited by TnT (edited 31 March 2000).]
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

I recommend that you use LAME for encoding MP3s. LAME has been tested to be the number one in quality (160+ kbps) and speed.
    I know I like music too much to encode it with likes of Wave Studio.
    http://www.vip.fi/~ljpp/html/mp3_encoders.html

:
    B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 31 March 2000).]

Comment

I already have CDex using Lame, but what I really want is the codec installed so that Win98 knows I have it. Then I can use it in any program I want. While I'm working in Wave Studio I would like to be able to save using Lame's MPEG Layer 3 instead of let's say PCM compression. It is a pain to have to go through and recompress audio files afterwards.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Check your email
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty to the rescue!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
          X