Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And here's another thing that needs explaining...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here's another thing that needs explaining...

On my way to the subway this evening, I passed a car with the following bumper sticker:
    My kid beat up your honor student.
    If a bumper sticker is a vehicle (pardon the pun) to publically declare your viewpoint on something, what the flipping h*ll is the point of this one???!!!

Is it remotely possible to paste such a thing on the back of your car and have no conception at all that it is disgusting in its endorsement of raw mindless muscle over even the least modicum of intelligence?

Not that I'm endorsing "brains" over "brawn". Obviously the species wouldn't have gotten far without both...

... So now, Little Einstein is in a coma, thanks to Neanderthal, Jr. Wonderful. This is a happy event and a day to be proud as punch (pardon the pun) because why....?

And just how materialistic is a society that would <u>pander</u> to such a crude and unevolved viewpoint by offering this item for sale??

Geez... and people are wondering why I'm not having more "issues" around getting the h*ll out of this country...!?

Maybe I just think too much. (Please protect me from the Neanderthals.... )

Anyone got an icepack for my fevered brain??
    ---------------------
    Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 23 March 2000).]

This is the response too all of those bumper stickers that are "My child is a city_name high school honor student." I always thought that those were pretty pointless, and the response is about as pointless.

(OK, I need to watch out for putting city name in angled brackets...It's too early to think.)

[This message has been edited by Thundrchez (edited 23 March 2000).]

Comment

Holly,

I hate to break it to you but it is very likely that there are.. well.. hmm... morons in the Netherlands as well. You know the grass is always more green and so forth..
      Besides, all the people there are walking high because of the "space cakes" they had for lunch. While staying on the facts, how about us in Finland then? We are fighting polar bears out of our iglus while making those pretty Nokia phones..

I'm not on the topic anymore am I?

_
      B

Comment

If you can get us a lodge in Norway where we can stay happily through the winter, I'll forgive you the comment of "all the people there are walking high because of the "space cakes" they had for lunch.", Buuri

I might be a moron sometimes, but hey!!! So are you Doesn't matter what country you're from, we're all morons... whether we like it or not

Jorden, cool moron.

P.S: I know you live in Finland, but that's a bit too close to Mother Russia...

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 23 March 2000).]
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, I hope you didn't take that too personally because I didn't ment it to be.
          After all that "space cake" thing is just one funny (?) stereotype like Germans with leather pants. (now Maggi will come for piece of me )

What it comes to Russia, last time we fought the "Russian Bear" was back in -44. After that it was really until late 80's before we got our act together and didn't let Russia to interfere with our internal affairs anymore. Now that bear is as tame as an average sheep. (to us anyway)
          Nowadays I'm only concerned about the awfull condition of Russian nuclear plants. That is because the cloud is very likely to head our way in the event of an accident..

_
          B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 23 March 2000).]

Comment

That one stayed on topic for quite a while.... lol. So, I hope, in the likely hood that we are all morons, my cousin (who just had a baby boy) doesn't put such a stupid bumper sticker on her car in about 12 years..... If she does, I'll have to beat her up

Dimitri
            "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
            --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Rummaging through my boxes as I am getting ready to start moving, I found a couple of icebags, so come and get them
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

At least in Amsterdam the grass should be greener for everyone. Great place to visit.
                Cheer up Jorden.

Alegria

------------------
                The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
                Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
                Bob Dylan

Comment

Hey, Buuri, I know there must be morons in the Netherlands, as in most other places in the world...

.... I'm just looking for a place where I don't have to live among the sheer, unadulterated majority of them...*sigh*

(Before any other Americans get all riled up, think to yourself, "This is an African-American woman <u>from New York City</u> {one of the most cutthroat cities in the world} talking here,".... and don't.)

Oh, and congratulations to Dimitri's cousin and her family!!!

-------------------------
                  Holly, sadly deciding that she just shouldn't ask what a "space cake" is, and if she can try one when she gets home...

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 24 March 2000).]

Comment

I'll bite and blame it on the fact that I'm a mini-Murcer and didn't know any better

What is a space cake?

I saw a sticker last week that said:

"My son is the inmate of the month at <whatever> Correctional Institution"

It made me laugh. I can't imagine what it would take to make me put a bumper sticker on my car...

Andy

[This message has been edited by ahartman (edited 24 March 2000).]
                    PIII 550@605
                    IWill Motherboard VD133
                    VIA Chipset
                    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                    DirectX 8.0a
                    SB Live! Value
                    8x DVD (Toshiba)
                    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                    3Com CMX Cable Modem
                    Optiquest V95 19"
                    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                    Microtek flatbed scanner
                    Intellimouse Explorer
                    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

ahartman: AFAIK a Space Cake should be a cake with a rather special topping, like LSD, Speed, XTC or just plain marijuana (sp?).

Oh, and Buuri: maybe we Germans are wearing leather pants (I suspect Bavarians actually do) - but it just takes me two hours to drive to Amsterdam

Comment

Higher than High, gives you alot of answers about whatever high you want

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 24 March 2000).]
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Holly,

Here's the issue... there are these annoying bumper stickers that say:

"I'm the proud parent of a Chesterfield Elementary School Honor Student!"

or "My child is an honor student at East Brooklyn Middle School!"

These stickers are inevitably from an elementary school, kindergarten, or middle school. They are never from a high school, and never from a REAL school (real meaning non-public. you can all flame me if you like but the day you show me an American public school that educates its students in an appropriate manner, I'll probably cease to exist due to a lapse in the rules of logic).

Personally, I prefer the ones that say:

"My kid had sex with your honor student."

or "My kid knocked up your honor student."

Because they are more ironic, implying that the "honor student" is no more than a horribly repressed child yearning for some freedom - which in most cases is absolutely true.

Ok, I'm done ranting. This probably made no sense. I'm just sick to death of people who go on and on about how friggin' smart their kid is, and the kid turns out to be either forcibly introverted or dumb as a post, only Mommy and Daddy don't know it, or are the cause of it.

- Gurm

------------------
                          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Hey Holly, you think the US is bad? The US is nothing at all. It's just too much idle time that makes that kinda thing apear, and honestly, it's just a semi-sarcastic comment on all the other pointless bumper stickers. If you wanna have a hard time try being a white jew in Mexico. Now thats fun.

------------------
                            Asus P3B-F, P3-450~600, 256MB PC133 8ns SDRAM, G400MAX (yay!) at 160Mhz, Teac 58S CD-R, Toshiba SM-1002 DVD-ROM, Toshiba 40X SCSI CD-ROM, 8.4GB IDE primary drive, 9GB Micropolis Tomahawk UWSCSI, 9GB IBM U2WSCSI, 18GB U2WSCSI Cheetah, Diamond MX300, 3COM 10/100TX, 3COM Gaming Modem, Adaptec 2940U2W

And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee.
                            A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

It is never for high schools, but yet some of the derivatives are "My kid had sex with your honor student" or "My kid knocked up your honor student"? Hmmmm....I guess some people like 'em young.

Comment

Working...
                              X