Clear All

• Make a difference with SETI?

Isn't this SPAM ???

I feel for a lockdown... who follows??

Jord, quit Seti@home totally.
    Jordâ„¢

Stop Posting Annoying Messages!

-I follow Jord!
    (What does SPAM stand for anyway? - i have never found out?)
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I don't know... Support People Attack Madly maybe?

The other version is good for BBQ use though, so cue Pauly with the BBQ button

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

He won't be back. He just posted once to SPAM us.

Jorden, I don't understand why you wnat to qut Seti? it doesn't do anything terrible to your computer and if you want to play a game or something you can shut it down. Hell, I leave mine running when I play games.

Paddy, I've searched for the very question you ask and AFAIK SPAM doesn't stand for anything. If you find out, let me know.

Dave

------------------
        I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yum,Yum anyone up for BBQ'd SPAM....

Here ya go Jorden

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I went over to the Ars Technica SETI thread made a personal complaint about Kagato's post. I managed to get it right under his post about what he did. Maybe I'll get flamed.

It looks to me like he was just trying to seek the approval of his teammates. He went through the top 100 teams, looking for teams connected to sites with forums and posted the above message to all of them.

I just don't know what goes through some people's heads. I suspect he has just pissed a bunch of people off and alienated them to his cause. I'm sure whatever it was that went through Kagato's head met no opposition and it passed through one ear and out the other.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

If I am not mistaken, spam does not stand for anything more than a WW food commonly hated by all soldiers.
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

SPAM, SPAM, eggs and SPAM.

or

OK I won't sing; just picture the SPAM song.

If you aren't a Monty Python fan; then to bad,
                Mark F.

------------------
                OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                --------------------------------------------------
                OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                and burped out a movie

Comment

Kagato has appologized for the tacky post and bringing shame to his team. He said he posted at 5:00 AM and his mind wasn't in "working order."

The "diminished capacity" defense has gone a long way on the MURC forums, and I forgive him. I would have prefered if he had said he was drunk, but posting while groggy seems to me a perfectly valid flimsy excuse.

I myself have posted some real gems after missing breakfast and lunch. I now try to avoid entering the Gaming Forum before eating.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

How about providing us with some links here then, Paul?? Or don't we get to share in them??

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

My uncle Vassili has coined an expression for people such as Kagato who's minds aren't in "working order." He calls them "akatito" I believe. It means something along the lines of "having nothing in the head" or being "empty headed." I'm glad this term isn't going to waste....

Dimitri who is doing everything he can to avoid studying for the last Astro exam....
                      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Kagato Apologizes

Although I think he should do so on every forum he posted onto as well, IMHO

Jord.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Make a difference with SETI?

Wanna REALLY make a difference in SETI?

Come join Team Matrox Users, we're rated #27 in the Club list (Not bad considering we only have 401 people).
                          Come help us be #1, we're gaining on Team Ars Technica Lamb Chop and should pass them in another month or two *SWEET*

We have our own dedicated web page (just moved) at http://www.murc.ws
                          and have an awesome forum to discuss everything SETI at http://forums.murc.ws

So come help us become THE #1 SETI group in the land, we can't do it without you!

------------------
                          ___
                          /oby Ceselski

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 21 March 2000).]
                          ___
                          /oby Ceselski

Comment

Well said <a href="http://forum.arstechnica.com/forum/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000551-3.html">there</a> Paul.
                            _
                            B

Comment

MURCers, you are the best!!!!!

Oh if only they had a convention of UBB forum moderators (in Cleveland, most likely ), I would be proud to stand among them, laughing with glee...

"I don't even <u>have</u> to ride herd on my members, smacking them upside the head every 5 minutes.... they handle it themselves, because my members are responsible human beings, who <u>care</u> about the quality of their forum experience!!"

I'd like to hear Ohrmazd, Sharky or Defiant say <u>that</u>...!!!!

Thanks, guys'n'gals!!! Beautiful post there over at Ars, Paul!!

And of course, thanks as always to Ant, without whom....

--------------
                              Holly
                              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
                              X