MSP problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP problems

I have a problem with MSP. I have 5 AVI files(650megs each with sound interleaved) and I'd like to play them back to video in a sequence. But when I put 'em on the timeline and I "Best preview" it starts to save wav. After saving it begins to play, but the video is somehow jerky.
    The separate AVIs play back as smooth as they should. So I think there's no problem with HW. Is there a way to fix the problem?
    I used the search button and I found something like cutlist. Then I saw on a thread a link to This_Idiot's page which suggested to check Tips and tricks section. I couldn't find it
    My system: K62-400, SB PCI64, 2Quantum HDs(3,2 and 20gigs), G200Mill+RR-G+TVO+DVD+PD5.41+VT150+DX7+Win98

Erm, I forgot to mention that I have a Pioneer 10xDVD and an ISA network card(which is currently disabled). No IRQ conflicts, system is rock stable anyway...

Comment

Hmmm,

DVD-ROM, K6 CPU means SS7 motherboard.

Did you install the "busmaster drivers" that came with the motherboard?

If so that's probably your problem.

I have my G200Marvel in an ASUS P5A with a K6-3 CPU and had to install the Ali busmaster drivers to get my 6X pioneer DVD-ROM to be recognized. Problem was installing the Ali BM IDE drivers broke smooth video playback I tried both v3.5 on the CD with the MB and v3.55 from the ASUS site in Germany).

If you are using the native Win98 IDE drivers ignore what I've said, otherwise try uninstalling your 3rd party IDE drivers and use Win98's.

I had to move the DVD-ROM to a different system as this one is dedicated to NLE and is useless without smooth timeline playback.

I have a "DEC tulip chipset" 10/100 ethernet card plugged into a 100BaseTX switch and I am always connected to the network, it causes no problems unless I try to do netops while making a tape.

--wally.

Comment

Thanx for the reply. I'll try to remove the DVD, and check the IDE drivers. The MOBO itself is an Asus SP98 AGP-X with SIS chipset. The thing is really weird, because it plays back the separate AVIs very smooth, only this best preview glitches...

Comment

Ganyaik,

The site changed both its name and navigation back on the 1stJanuary. The site is now http://www.desktopvideoworld.com and what was the "Tips&Tricks" section is now "FAQ's".

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, I've just read the FAQs. I'll try those things today. It seems that what I did was cutlist editing actually, but just didn't work. It seems to me that the 'temp directory' makes it...

Br,
            Chris(also)

Comment

Ok, finally I managed to do it! I just installed the MSP5.2 upgrade, then I turned off the 'interleave audio' in preview options, and it works!!! I don't know which helped actually, but who cares.
              Playback is 'rock fluid' now. Everything is fine, thanks for the replies.

Br,
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              X