Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..........just installed matrox g400

Just spent a full evening installing the g400
    considering its the first time i've ever installed ANYTHING it didn't go too bad.One or two questions though,

After installing the card I made all cable connections including those to the sound card,but this leaves my existing cable, a 3.5mm jack plug, which was used to supply sound to the speakers, redundant, so I'am unable to hear sound through my built in speakers to the monitor. ( monitor with built in speakers either side is; Packard bell 7480. )
    ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO ABOUT SOUND TO THE PC SPEAKERS ???????

Also as I type this message the display seems to be rippling up the screen from bottom to top, with very faint black lines moving in the same direction. I didn't have this problem with the graphics card I have just removed !!! ( Graphics card removed ; 8mb 2x AGP ATI RAGE PRO) ANY IDEAS??????

I connected my aerial to bring in the TV signal,actually from cable tv, during the installation I checked the TV SIGNAL and found I could only see all terrestrial and cable pictures if I clicked on the AIR BUTTON instead of the cable, but when in TV mode of PC-VCR and trying to tune in automatically these channels I am presented with fuzzy preview screens. AGAIN ANY IDEAS???????

THANKS IN ADVANCE

CARLOS

After playing about with my new setup it would appear that the display problem I mentioned above is caused when I have the TV monitor, which is connected to the VCR and in turn to the marvel B.O.B.,is switched on. Any ideas whats causing this interference to the pc monitor and possible remedy, I would also appriciate any responses to my other questions in my last message above.

Comment

OK, the "shimmering" is RF interference from your TV monitor. You need to move it away from your PC monitor (or get a better shielded TV)

On your speaker problem, since you won't be outputting video all day, I'd hook up your speakers for now. Tomorrow head down to Radioshack/Tandy, whoever and buy yourself a "Y" connector. One end goes into your soundcard, one of the Y's goes to your speakers, the other Y to the BOB.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply This_idiot

Do you or anyone else have a solution to my TV signal dilemma as mentioned in my first message above.

Carlos

Comment

Working...
        X