G400-TV .AVI recording problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV .AVI recording problems

My Marvel G400-TV board has, for the most part, been working fine. I had a problem making the TV output work, but after some tweaking and a reinstall it is working.
    ALL THAT WORKS:
    TV tuner
    AVID movie capture and output
    DVD player (haven't tried DVD out to TV yet)
    (all works at 16 and 32 bit resolutions)

My Problem is that I lost the ability to capture .AVI files using the TV tuner/recorder. Older recorded files play fine. I'm at work right now so I can't give you the exact error message, but in essence, the computer has lost the ability to read information off the newly created files.

potential causes:
    I have install a earlier version of Premiere 4.2 which froze on the first install.

When I removed and reinstalled the Matrox Programs I also reinstalled an earler version of Microsoft Media Player, (plays older recorded avi files, but gives an error message for newly created ones)

I have two duplicate video codecs, Indeo 3.2 (I have to try and remove one)

Also there I have had an Active X version issue in the past.

IF ANYONE KNOWS A QUICK ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM please let me know. I'm not sure where/what the actual capture program is and how to reestablish it. (I go back to the days of VIDCAP.exe)

SYSTEM: Win 98, Athlon 600>700, K7m, 128MB RAM, Sound Blaster Platinum, DVD, CD-WR

I think I'll try removing Premeire First

Bob S.
Working...
X