Wich DVD player with G400 TV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich DVD player with G400 TV ?

Hmm. What built-in MPEG-2 decoder would this be ?

None of the G400's have a "built-in" MPEG-2 decoder. DVDs and MPEG-2s are played back from software. The G400-TV ships with a rebadged Ravisent DVD software playback application (which is pretty good). You really need to be running a PIII at at least 400Mhz to get glitch-free playback at full screen, but either you can reduce the playback size on the PC monitor or put up with a little glitching if you are running a lesser processor.

Wich DVD player with G400 TV ?

Hi !
    I`m planning to buy a DVD player. Can i use the built in MPEG-2 Decoder in the G400 TV card or do I have to by a player with a decoder card?
    Any suggestions ?

------------------

Steinar
    Steinar

Comment

Hi,

i only use a Celeron 333 Mhz CPU and have no problem with g400 marvel playback. There should be hardware on the card which supports the fast decoding.

Stevie

Comment

Ok. Thanks for your answers.
        The G400 TV does not hav a MPEG-2 decoder I understand.
        If I understand correctly, I can use a DVD player without hardware card because the marvel G400 has a dual DVD clone mode?
        Then I can watch a DVD movie on my TV trough the breakout box?

A bit confusing. Maybe not?

Steinar.
        Steinar

Comment

I've been DVDing since I got my G400 Max. I love using Cinemaster 99 (which is the same as the matrox dvd player).

Mistah Magik

------------------
          Pentium III 450@517, Asus P2B-F Mobo, 256 megs of non-branded PC100 SDRAM, Creative 6x/24x DVD-ROM, Creative 6x/4x/24x CD-RW, Maxtor 27.2 Gig HD, Western Digital 6.4 Gig HD, Diamond Pro PCI modem, Creative AWE PCI 128 Sound Card, 3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card, Inlight Mid-Tower Case with loads of fans, and a 15" NEC C500 Monitor.

Pentium III 450@557, Asus P2B-F Mobo, 128 megs of non-branded PC100 SDRAM, Creative 6x/24x DVD-ROM, Creative 6x/4x/24x CD-RW, Maxtor 27.2 Gig HD, Western Digital 6.4 Gig HD, Diamond Pro PCI modem, Creative SoundBlaster Live X-Gamer Sound Card, 3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card, Inlight Mid-Tower Case with loads of fans, Win2K SP1, DX7a, and a 17" ViewSonic Monitor.

Comment

Which Version of Cinemaster do you use? I would like to upgrade the Matrox one, cause it didnt has many functions. I saw many Versions for upgrade on ravisents site, but they are for different graphic cards, too. So which one i can use for Marvel g400?

Is there a hardware accelerator on the Marvel G400 or not? As I read the review on this MURC Site I understood it, that the G400 Marvel accelerate the DVD Software Playback. In the speedtest the G200 Marvel without DVD Hardwaremodule took much more CPU power than Marvel G400. But the G200 with Hardware DVD is used a bit less.

Stevie

Comment

Working...
            X