Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with SB AWE 64 ISA and Matrox Vid tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with SB AWE 64 ISA and Matrox Vid tools?

I've got an older ISA Soundblaster AWE 64 Soundcard, and have noticed some odd issues with this card and my Matrox Vid tools--particularly the PC/VCR remote for my Marvel G200.

Audio output for recording purposes through the audio control panel doesn't work at all unless I first call the PC/VCR remote program and set the thing to "line" input, then unload it.

At that point, I have audio out through my BOB, but the level is low, and I cannot 'send' more signal through to my recorder. I really have to crank the record level up on my recording device (Cassette or VCR) to get adequate recording volume, and the sound is, of course, a little noisy since I'm cranking a low input level.

Anyone here with the same experience? Any suggestions about what to do?

I'm still running the 4.33 vid tools and driver from Matrox, since I have the HW/DVD module. Will upgrading to the 5.25 Matrox drivers and vid tools fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

------------------
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Sorry for the double post.

Here's my machine Config.

------------------
    AMD K6III 400 @ 476
    On a SOYO SY5EMA M/B
    Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard
    CDBurner
    Creative DVD
    Promise Ultra 66 Controller
    two big WD Hdds
    Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner
    All stuffed into a Mid-tower ATX case
    with no device slots left!
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Bixler,
      I have a couple of suggestions..

1-Use the amplified speaker output instead of just the line out.

2-If that doesn't work try by-passing the BOB all together and take the connection straight out from your soundcard to your receiver/TV/VCr (whatever) I have this setup and it works perfectly.

Regards,
      Elie

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Elie.

I suppose that would work ok, but I would like to avoid a workaround if there's some driver related fix.

I can't see that Creative has updated the drivers for this card since late '97.

In any case, I'll try the bypass of the BOB to see if it works any better. Of course then I loose the functionality of Vid Tools don't I?

Comment

I don't think there will be a driver "fix." Just remember that it's not good to go through the BOB unless you use it for TV tuning. That's what the deal is-- there's a switch inside the box that swaps out audio from the TV tuner to the inputs you give it. You're just PC-VCR remote to switch it back to line mode for you.

That's why most people avoid the BOB; it's so danged confusing. It's also the source of some drops in audio quality. Just avoid it.

Comment

OK.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X