Powerdesk causing PS2 Rate to act up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk causing PS2 Rate to act up

Just wanted to share a recent discovery.

I run PS2Rate to increase my mouse sampling rate, and have it set to 100hz.

Recently, I have noticed that if you move the mouse around in a circle, about every 1 or 1.5 seconds, the sampling rate slows down noticeable, to around 40 hz for a split second.

Through trial and error, I have found out that it is powerdesk which causes this. I kill powerdesk, and my mouse is back to being silky smooth.

Anyone care to offer conjecture as to why this is? I am running the version of powerdesk compatible with the latest video tools (5.41 or something?) and am running a celeron 366 oc'ed to 550, so it is not a problem of not enough cpu cycles.

You're not alone, this seems to be a really common problem for some people with every Powerdesk since 5.30.
    I don't use PS2Rate anymore, but instead use the latest Microsoft Intellipoint drivers as these now sample the mouse at 100hz. Unfortunately the Powerdesk mouse judder problem is still there. The only solution that worked for me was to 'transplant' the compressed driver files from PD5.52 (G400.dr_, G400.vx_, G400DD.vx_, G400DD32.dl_ and G400ICD.dl_) into PD5.30 before installing it as normal. Others may pour scorn on this bodge-job method, but it works perfectly for me!

Anyway, try the new MS Mouse drivers if you have a MS compatible mouse, as PS2Rate can cause problems with suspending the computer, and sometimes needs to be restarted.

Comment

Working...
    X